``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.'' | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.''

Big difference. Ted Ginn was not written off on this Board until he was given every chance to succeed and repeatedly failed. As recently as TC last year many on this Board were predicting a breakout season for Ginn. White has thrown 5 passes. Big difference.

Big difference. Ted Ginn was not written off on this Board until he was given every chance to succeed and repeatedly failed. As recently as TC last year many on this Board were predicting a breakout season for Ginn. White has thrown 5 passes. Big difference.

He has only thrown 5 passes, yet should have thrown 3 times that amount if he weren't afraid of passing the ball in an NFL game and therefore tucking and running on every called pass play.

Maybe if we didn't have a team that had very little depth in the reciever position Pat would have passed more, I don't blame him if he didn't have faith in his arm or the receivers to catch the ball. He did what he does best and tried running, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't

Maybe if we didn't have a team that had very little depth in the reciever position Pat would have passed more, I don't blame him if he didn't have faith in his arm or the receivers to catch the ball. He did what he does best and tried running, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't

Looks like you're new to the Forums and I hate to respond to your first post so negatively, but that's about the worst excuse I've ever heard. Both Henne and Pennington managed to have a completion percentage about 60 percent with these same receivers. The fact of the matter is, Camarillo and Bess are actually about the most reliable receivers you could ever ask for. And Hartline showed the ability to turn possible interceptions into big plays for his QB.

Maybe that's what Pat White is thinking, and that's exactly the reason why he won't be successful. He has to learn to pass first and use the run only as a last resort, not the default. Ironically, the running would be much more effective when used less.

whats the longest thread in finheaven history ?

The D.Bess thread that was created when he was picked up as an undrafted free agent. At the time I thought it was just hype but he turned out to be really good and the thread gets regurgitated every so often.
I know some are skeptical but let's hope that the consistent buzz about Pat White coming good this season is true. Don't forget that he is the highest rushing QB in college football history. He didn't get that and the perfect record of Bowl game victories in each of his 4 years with just luck.
Some players need more time to make it in the NFL than others....

I agree, I just think as a rookie he was doing what he knew, I think he'll turn it around.

Back
Top Bottom