``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.'' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.''

I think as Dol Fans we were all disappointed with White's first season, and quite honestly I have always been in the camp of "what the **** was the FO thinking" when they drafted him. That being said, this is the best news that we can have about White. Ricky is a team leader and a straight shooter. If nothing else, I believe that Ricky believes this. Hopefully White turns into something for the Fins

He's a team leader? How so? He's a head case.

I'm one of the people that wants him gone. How many instances last year did Henne make a great play, only to have Pat White kill the drive on 1st and 2nd down. Then to have Henne try to bail them out on 3rd and long. It only stunted Henne's development. It almost seemed as if the coaches were trying to justify our 2nd round pick by playing him.

Some things are obvious. Pat White is being talked up to be traded.

He won't outplay Henne.

He's just not an NFL QB.

Yeah ok, so how did it go down, Tony called Ricky into his office and told him that he needs to talk up Whites play because the front office wants to trade him. Now that's laughable.

What tds did we score with Pat White in game? John Beck was a winner in college, Matt Leinhart was a winner in college, Hell Casey Weldon hardly ever lost in college. A winner thats such a vague concept. Jarret Brown won as many games last year as Pat white did the year he left

pat white is a gamer. he got us a key 3rd down conversion vs the jets in the forth quarter. he was in the game when miami scored the 2 point conversion vs the titans
to send it to overtime. he had a 40 yard run. and he flipped it out to Ricky for a touchdown, while in the pistol formation.

Yeah ok, so how did it go down, Tony called Ricky into his office and told him that he needs to talk up Whites play because the front office wants to trade him. Now that's laughable.

So everything Ricky Williams says is absolute gospel truth as presented?

pat white is a gamer. he got us a key 3rd down conversion vs the jets in the forth quarter. he was in the game when miami scored the 2 point conversion vs the titans
to send it to overtime. he had a 40 yard run. and he flipped it out to Ricky for a touchdown, while in the pistol formation.

In that case Ginn is a gamer too, and he's gone.

From where Pat White started, most improved can still suck !!!

No, but it means something. He never usually compliments players unless he means it.
I love Ricky, and if he was talking about a running back, thats one thing. When it comes to a qb, i'm going to have to see it myself.

C'mon he isn't doing it to increase Pats trade value as you are suggesting which was my point. Also, I'll take Ricky's evaluation over any of the members here.

Well there is many ways to take Ricky's statement.
1. Pat White had a long way to go so his improvement would be much more apparant than other players on the team.
2. Pat White is justifying his 2nd round draft pick more this year.
3. Pat can now throw the ball as well as run with it making him the dual threat they drafted him for last year.
While all the above may be true the real question remains will that be good enough for him to play in the NFL this year.

The only problem is he can barely see over the line....

Pat had a couple of good plays against the Patriots (vid links down below). How many passes did he throw last year 5? I say lets see how he looks in preseason before we give up on a second round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81405f22/Williams-TD-rush

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8140f380

You can't justify White's poor performance last year by saying he only threw 5 passes. That was part of the problem. He'd drop back on designed passing plays and freak out, so he's revert to doing the only thing he was comfortable with in running the ball.

Back
Top Bottom