Pat White's days with Dolphins seem numbered | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White's days with Dolphins seem numbered

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Everyone is reporting today that Chad Henne will play about a half in Saturday's preseason game at Jacksonville. That is, after all, what coach Tony Sparano said.

"I think probably Henne’s going to go, I’d like to take Henne into the half," Sparano said Thursday. "I got a play count particularly in my head right now, that would take him through the first half, but if you hit that play count a little bit earlier I might take him out. If we move the ball and had some success and he hit that play count and I felt good about it, I think I might do that. Unless there was a two minute situation before the half hanging there that I feel like he might need or something like that. Right now I’m thinking that he’s going to go the first half of the game and then we’ll see how it trickles down. I’d imagine at this point Tyler [Thigpen] would get in there and we’d see where we are."

Well, I'm more concerned with the "we'd see where we are" part.

Pat White, last year's second-round draft pick, is the see where we are guy. He is apparently an after-thought now, if one believes Sparano -- and I do. He was something of an afterthought last week when he came into the game the final series to do little other than take a knee.

Folks, his days on the Dolphins are numbered. I don't know if he makes it past the first round of cuts in a couple of weeks. It definitely doesn't look like he makes it out of the final cuts.

Simply, he's not a very good quarterback. Simply, there are no plans in the works to try him at another position. Simply, his goose seems nearly done if not out-right cooked.

Earlier this week Sparano said White showed marked improvement throwing the football a week ago. That grand improvement didn't get White any meaningful snaps in last Saturday's game. And it didn't vault him above fourth-string this week.

Sure, he's taking more snaps than Chad Pennington right now. But Chad Pennington is an established NFL quarterback who doesn't need to fry his surgically repaired arm in practices. The Dolphins know what Pennington can do.

Unfortunately for White, the Dolphins know what he can do also. And what he cannot do.

He's simply not good enough.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...ith-dolphins-seem-numbered.html#ixzz0x5rj4lFU

Pat White's kind of took over the Ginn Jr, role as chief whipping boy, what happens when we cut White, which gotta admit is looking very likely ? Who's next up for that role ?

pat white's kind of took over the ginn jr, role as chief whipping boy, what happens when we cut white, which gotta admit is looking very likely ? Who's next up for that role ?

crowder!!!!!!!!

I cant wait for him to be gone, maybe all the pat white threads will disappear, or probably multiply, I can see the sky is falling crowd asking for Ireland's head at the fact our 2nd rd pick is a bust....

All of the Pat White bashers after a whole 5 pass attempts in his rookie season look like total f'in morons. Get a life losers.

All of the Pat White bashers after a whole 5 pass attempts in his rookie season look like total f'in morons. Get a life losers.

dude he could not even throw the ball.......he aint no qb. Hes the bad version michael vick.

how do you figure? Seems like the FO isnt too high on him anymore.. Looks like the bashers were the smart ones.. Not sure what the "non-bashers" see in him out of those same 5 pass attempts.

Back
Top Bottom