Paterno statue coming down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paterno statue coming down

Gonzo

Who dat?
Club Member
Reaction score
I was wonder when this story would get posted. I saw it on Chad Johnson's OCNN, or what ever its called, first. He even had a picture and a video of it.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

Apparently its already ripped out of the ground. They decided not to screw around and just get it over with.

They also decided to keep Paterno's name on the library. Not sure how i feel about that.

@schadjoe: Penn State facing loss of bowl/s and scholarships, but not so-called death penalty
One source has said the death penalty may be the preferable action. Sounds like they are going to get hammered on Monday.

One source has said the death penalty may be the preferable action. Sounds like they are going to get hammered on Monday.

There is no way they get the Death Penalty.

College football is now all about making millions and millions. No way does the Big 10 allow one of their prized money makers go down without a fight. Losing Penn State is incredibly bad for the Big 10 conference. Michigan, Ohio State...all of them need Penn State. At the end of the season when it comes time to select the four to play for a title, Michigan and Ohio State don't want a committee looking over their watered down schedule and taking the one-loss SEC school.

The Death Penalty was so long ago. Anytime a program gets in trouble it's so much fun to just toss that phrase out there. It's not practical punishment in this day and age. The NCAA is not out to execute programs anymore. It happened one time to one program who at the time was already on probation AND keeping books. Even at Miami and Penn State, two programs who currently aren't on probation, things are still hidden. There are some things that happened at Penn State that we'll never know about. But damn near everything was discovered at SMU because they ran their renegade program like a legitimate business.

Id be stunned if the NCAA handed Penn State the death penalty.

College football is now all about making millions and millions. No way does the Big 10 allow one of their prized money makers go down without a fight. Losing Penn State is incredibly bad for the Big 10 conference. Michigan, Ohio State...all of them need Penn State. At the end of the season when it comes time to select the four to play for a title, Michigan and Ohio State don't want a committee looking over their watered down schedule and taking the one-loss SEC school.

The Death Penalty was so long ago. Anytime a program gets in trouble it's so much fun to just toss that phrase out there. It's not practical punishment in this day and age. The NCAA is not out to execute programs anymore. It happened one time to one program who at the time was already on probation AND keeping books. Even at Miami and Penn State, two programs who currently aren't on probation, things are still hidden. There are some things that happened at Penn State that we'll never know about. But damn near everything was discovered at SMU because they ran their renegade program like a legitimate business.

Agreed.

You will never see the death penalty again. The source reported the sanctions are so severe that the death penalty may be easier to recover from. We'll find out tomorrow.

You will never see the death penalty again. The source reported the sanctions are so severe that the death penalty may be easier to recover from. We'll find out tomorrow.

Wow. Haven't heard this. All of the things I read related to possible punishments on Twitter said that they would get harsh treatment but not the death penalty.

Agree with everything you said, but just wanted to point out that even then the NCAA didnt want to use the death penalty. They kept threatening, they kept throwing on violations, and SMU kept laughing in their face. It took years before they had the balls to finally kill SMU.

You guys want to see delusional...go read the free boards over on Penn State's Rivals site.

Penn State has been viewed as one of the cleanest programs in college football history. Then a coach butt****s some little boys and Joe Paterno helps with the cover up and all of a sudden ESPN is out to get them and there's a witch hunt lol. Really? A witch hunt? Little boys were raped in the showers and there's a witch hunt?

I love how ESPN is blamed for everything when people can't take responsibility for their own actions.

http://bwi.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=890&fid=36&style=2

Honestly, everyone involved is already being punished legally or dead. I dont think they really deserve much more than a bowl ban and some scholarship losses :idk:

You guys want to see delusional...go read the free boards over on Penn State's Rivals site.

Penn State has been viewed as one of the cleanest programs in college football history. Then a coach butt****s some little boys and Joe Paterno helps with the cover up and all of a sudden ESPN is out to get them and there's a witch hunt lol. Really? A witch hunt? Little boys were raped in the showers and there's a witch hunt?

I love how ESPN is blamed for everything when people can't take responsibility for their own actions.

http://bwi.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=890&fid=36&style=2

Over on TMB, the vast majority of PSU fans have actually turned on Paterno and are glad to see the statue down.

Back
Top Bottom