Patrick Graham - Potential 2019 Defensive Scheme | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Graham - Potential 2019 Defensive Scheme

Forget authority. I don't care for schemes and techniques, the point of defense is to stop the offense. The point of offense is to score. So many teams continuously play Zone against the Patriots, and that's the worst kind of defense to play against them. If I'm a linebacker, I don't care what scheme the DC is running, my job is to get to the ball.

Personally I'm not a fan of zone schemes anyway. Man to man is the easiest, simplest and best way to do anything.

Forget authority. I don't care for schemes and techniques, the point of defense is to stop the offense. The point of offense is to score. So many teams continuously play Zone against the Patriots, and that's the worst kind of defense to play against them. If I'm a linebacker, I don't care what scheme the DC is running, my job is to get to the ball.

Personally I'm not a fan of zone schemes anyway. Man to man is the easiest, simplest and best way to do anything.

Yes, but to consistently run man you have to have either very very good corners, or decent corners with a line that can consistently get pressure on the QB.

Saw a stat from the chargers Pats game this past weekend -

On the pats first scoring drive, Tom Brady had 8 pass attempts. His average depth on those passes was 0.6 yards, and the longest attempt was 6 yards

The pats just self scout incredibly well. They have been dumping the ball off the white all season long and no one is doing anything to stop it. And this is w/ out josh Gordon now and Gronk who is a shell of him former self. Edelman hogan and Dorsett are the downfield options.

Brady is still just beatint everyone mentally. It's why he's still around

I'm hoping we can transition to a more hybrid system than this crappy wide 9 we have run last few seasons. Not sure we have the personnel yet but thats what FA is for and the draft.

The defense mentioned in the article has more of a man principle concept than a zone. It offers a very versatile/hybrid option as well. If you go back and look at film from the Patriots game last weekend against the Chargers you will see the fronts change constantly and the coverage changes as well. Often they would crowd the LOS with 6 or more and play man (cover 0) behind it in order to pressure and rattle Rivers. Additionally, they would show the same crowded/pressure front and then drop to a man/cover 0 with the outside linebackers in an underneath zone. They changed their looks and pressure consistently which lead to confusion, pressure, and a poor offensive performance by the Chargers. Lastly this style of defense is exactly what can work against the Patriots. You have to change looks and pressure Brady. Once he gets hit and he feels pressure, he isn't as good. He gets frustrated and can't just set back and pick apart the defense. See how the Bills and Titans played them this year. I like this defense for the various looks it presents and the potential pressure and confusion it can invoke.

Saw a stat from the chargers Pats game this past weekend -

On the pats first scoring drive, Tom Brady had 8 pass attempts. His average depth on those passes was 0.6 yards, and the longest attempt was 6 yards

The pats just self scout incredibly well. They have been dumping the ball off the white all season long and no one is doing anything to stop it. And this is w/ out josh Gordon now and Gronk who is a shell of him former self. Edelman hogan and Dorsett are the downfield options.

Brady is still just beatint everyone mentally. It's why he's still around

It's true. He made some ridiculously difficult throws and made the perfect post-snap reads. With the little amount of time he has in the pocket, his processing speed is phenomenal. Don't know if you got to see the breakdown of his elite performance.

It's true. He made some ridiculously difficult throws and made the perfect post-snap reads. With the little amount of time he has in the pocket, his processing speed is phenomenal. Don't know if you got to see the breakdown of his elite performance.

Nope I haven't ill take a look here soon, thanks brotha.

I thought I read somewhere that the pats are paying less than 10 mil for their entire starting OL, is that true?

It always starts up front. You need the D-line to win up front or nothing else will matter.

Even more amazing that D decides not to cover receivers on that 1st drive witnessing that "amazing processing speed"
Only way it works...and it happens over and over and over with teams that play against them

Even more amazing that D decides not to cover receivers on that 1st drive witnessing that "amazing processing speed"
Only way it works...and it happens over and over and over with teams that play against them
I am far less impressed with Brady than the poor defense. Receivers easily open, one of the worst efforts by a D against them.

Yeah zone on Brady without immediate pass rush is a death sentence.

Of course man to man is ideal for their patented pick and rub plays

Back
Top Bottom