Patrick Surtain | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Surtain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard SD is trying to move up with the 49ers, they have rumored to offer P. Rivers and the number 12 pick, have they call you guys about it?

I'm a dillusional Chiefs fan, but this one is far worse than me.

A generous offer of a 4th round pick?

Stop drinking the Carl Peterson kool-aide.

The Chiefs just gave up a 5 for a backup DE, how is a 4th generous for a Pro Bowl CB?

Chiefs_no_1 said:
If you trade down, you would still have to sign the guys who you get in return, and you would probably get a lot, since a number 2 is so valuable
True but the further down we go the less we pay out in bonus money. And on top of that what says we cant deal him post-draft day? We have a time frame to get the rookies signed and find the deal that makes the most sense for us.

And in no way shape or form is a 4th rd pick an acceptable offer. Its demeaning and embarassing if anything. Saban aint no wanny brother and thank heavens for that

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I am a huge fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I'd just like to ask, what is the hold up on this Patrick Surtain deal? It should be done any minute we've made a very generous offer of a fourth round pick and that should be enough... Saban only has two more weeks to find another suitor and it doesn't look like that's happening, so it looks like he's going to be wearing red and gold for the fourth!!!

Sign on the dotted line already Saban :french:

X_____________________

Tell your tight azz GM not to choke on our fuzz when he licks our bean bags. You wont come anywhere close to getting Surtain for that crap offer.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
No way you will franchise him that would cost
$8.4M * 1.15
--------------
$9.66M
could always trade him then or reach a long term deal.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I am a huge fan of the Kansas City Chiefs, and I'd just like to ask, what is the hold up on this Patrick Surtain deal? It should be done any minute we've made a very generous offer of a fourth round pick and that should be enough... Saban only has two more weeks to find another suitor and it doesn't look like that's happening, so it looks like he's going to be wearing red and gold for the fourth!!!

Sign on the dotted line already Saban :french:

X_____________________
Ummmm....not gonna happen for a 4th, hate to tell ya.....good luck with Randy Moss this year, he'll keep the endzone nice and warm!!

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I heard SD is trying to move up with the 49ers, they have rumored to offer P. Rivers and the number 12 pick, have they call you guys about it?
let me dial nick and ask :)

In all seriousness havent seen anything about rivers to miami though id love it since i hate squeeley

The Bad Guy said:

The Chiefs just gave up a 5 for a backup DE, how is a 4th generous for a Pro Bowl CB?
w3rd! Not the 1st chiefs fan to say that. Good to see that for the most part KC fans seem to be a reasonable bunch.

The Bad Guy said:

Well the Fins pretty much have to get rid of Surtain, I don't see any way around it, the 4th round offer is very generous considering that the Titans couldn't get anything for Rolle, Carter, Mason. The Texans felt the same thing with Sharper, a damn good LB, they we're begging for a 4th, but couldn't get it. The Market is dried up for over priced veterans. The 4th round pick, albiet low, is just right because the demand is low, and price determines demand.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I dont see how Saban has much choice, either accept the 4th or release him... I don't want to start a fight or anything, but that is the truth isn't it?
shows just how much you know before you decide to get all frothy at the mouth....WE DON'T HAVE TO RELEASE SURTAIN IF WE DON'T WANT TO!!!!

FinsFan74 said:
Ummmm....not gonna happen for a 4th, hate to tell ya.....good luck with Randy Moss this year, he'll keep the endzone nice and warm!!

:smackhead

Sarcastro said:
Welcome to Trollville. Population: you.

This is thefirst time in a long time I've actually laughed out loud at something I read on here... I think I just woke people up...

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Chiefs_no_1 said:
isnt that impossible considering your only 650K under the cap?

What is your point..I think you are being very immature. Wake up! Pat is not getting traded for just a 4th Rd Pick..The sad part is that you know that..

Chiefs_no_1 said:
Well the Fins pretty much have to get rid of Surtain, I don't see any way around it, the 4th round offer is very generous considering that the Titans couldn't get anything for Rolle, Carter, Mason. The Texans felt the same thing with Sharper, a damn good LB, they we're begging for a 4th, but couldn't get it. The Market is dried up for over priced veterans. The 4th round pick, albiet low, is just right because the demand is low, and price determines demand.
The titans were in a lot tighter cap crunch than we are.

Their simply wasnt a huge demand for sharper. Who knows if there was actually an offer though? For all we know there could have been offers and he might have said i wont play there?

Theres a 100 wys around it, you just dont want to see them because you want Surtain on the cheap and it wont happen. Saban's already said hes not compromising his price and though he wouldnt say the price exactly; everyone in the media believes its going to take at least a 1st day pick; probably a 2nd (since your 3rd is a comp pick and therefore not tradeable) or something like a 4th this year and a future 2.

Boik14 said:
The titans were in a lot tighter cap crunch than we are.

Their simply wasnt a huge demand for sharper. Who knows if there was actually an offer though? For all we know there could have been offers and he might have said i wont play there?

Theres a 100 wys around it, you just dont want to see them because you want Surtain on the cheap and it wont happen. Saban's already said hes not compromising his price and though he wouldnt say the price exactly; everyone in the media believes its going to take at least a 1st day pick; probably a 2nd (since your 3rd is a comp pick and therefore not tradeable) or something like a 4th this year and a future 2.

Saban is bluffing! The way I see it, this is like a poker match, Carl is like a shark that smells blood, he see's Saban shacking all over the table (Edwards signing) why, oh why would Carl not call that bluff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom