Patriot Defense is Vulnerable | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriot Defense is Vulnerable

DolphanB

Scout Team
Reaction score
NE is traditionally tough at home, but they gave up nearly 500 yards on the ground and in the air last night.

If PIT was not making a concentrated effort not to cover Gronkowski, the Pats would have lost last night.

Pittsburgh couldn't get the ball into the end zone then top it off with missed FG's, no way they were going to win.

Defensively, their linebackers are very good, their front line is nothing special, and their secondary is below average. I don't see them having much in the way of a pass rush either.
They're easily the weakest defense in the AFC East, but has been the case at times in the past 10 years and the Brady/ Belichick/ cheating variable has made their weak defense immaterial to their success.

Hopefully that changes this year. Nothing would make me happier than burying these pricks.

I think you are reaching a bit about them losing. NE was in control the whole game and Pitts defense is bottom 7 in the NFL this year. I don't even think they will make the playoffs.

With that said NE defense is not very good, but Belicheats teams ALWAYS improve as the season progresses. I definitely expect them to be better by week 7 and significantly better by the last game of the season when we play them for the division crown!

That ******** play call killed the whole first drive . If was followed by a missed field goal . Bad coaching and playcalling made them lose control of that game . The steelers were having their way with the pats defense. Why the **** would they call that play and ruin a drive they were sure to score on ?

Also the kicker missed enough field goals to ruin the game for them as well. Wasn't impressed at all by the pats defense.

Antonio brown made their hero corner look like a ****ing highschool backup .....
And their Defense line was getting man handled . They could have ran for 400 yards on the pats defense last night if the would have kept handing off the ball .

This thread should be an interesting bump come mid-season.

I'm sure they'll cook up some blatant cheat scheme to alleviate any perceived weaknesses soon enough... it's the Patriot Way.

I don't know if you guys heard that there was a problem with the Steeler coaches headsets and could not communicate (They could only hear I believe a Patriots simulcast) . Tomlin was not very happy obviously, and came as close as you can come to accusing them of again cheating without actually saying they cheated.

He said stuff like that seem to happen all the time in Gillette field whenever the Steelers play there.

Steelers website did go a bit further in accusing the Pats of yet again using underhanded tactics to win.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pa...ses-new-england-patriots-web-site-of-cheating

Of all the annoying things about the Patriots, the one that befuddles me most is how they can take just about anybody, put them on the Oline, and Brady never gets touched.

I seriously want this guy's head buried so far into the turf he has to be dug out with a 2 man power auger, and I don't care which AFCE defense does it. And if none of them do, it will be a collective fail for the division.

Of all the annoying things about the Patriots, the one that befuddles me most is how they can take just about anybody, put them on the Oline, and Brady never gets touched.

I seriously want this guy's head buried so far into the turf he has to be dug out with a 2 man power auger, and I don't care which AFCE defense does it. And if none of them do, it will be a collective fail for the division.

95 of the plays the pats call .... Brady gets rid of the bell very quickly.

If Brady were tannehill they'd be bashing him for playing " in a box " .

******** ****ing reporters and radio personalities we have in Miami I swear .

It was the first game, and the PATS looked very vulnerable last year when they lost to us the first week. Then we all know what happened after that....

IMO they are a team out to prove something.

I'm sure they'll cook up some blatant cheat scheme to alleviate any perceived weaknesses soon enough... it's the Patriot Way.

Or study teams the way everyone does and develop an appropriate strategy to combat it. This cheating narrative is a loser's perspective. Belichick is a genius defensive mind. As are the other HC's in our division with Ryan and Bowles. Thing is with Belichick and the Patriots they scout/draft/acquire players that are versatile in any scheme. They may not be the ideal 3-4 OLB or the greatest 3 tech DL and so forth, but they are able to morph into the desired scheme and strategy needed to attack opposing offenses. They may not have complete strengths in certain areas but their ability to adapt to attack strengths and weaknesses is like no other D in the league. They consistency lose key players and are consistently in the top 10 PA because of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pats D is full of holes, but they are opportunistic, well coached, and stay disciplined. They got smashed and bent a lot between the 20's but didn't break in the redzone. People can call them cheaters all they want, I know I yell that out a lot while watching their games, and I come up with crazy conspiracies like them being the Illuminati and whatnot, but they find ways to stop teams from scoring a lot on them. Their mentality is straightforward. We have to rough them up a bit and not let them dictate the game. We will move the ball down the field and I like the prospect of our redzone game with Cameron, Sims, Landry, Parker, and Miller/Williams in the backfield. Yards and stats don't mean a damn thing outside of fantasy, it's about points scored in the redzone against the Pats.

Their OL holds a lot and never gets called for it.

Back
Top Bottom