Patriots Aren't Who People Think They Are | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots Aren't Who People Think They Are

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sure the Patriots have been the top team in AFC East for a decade and likely the model NFL franchise during that same time frame. But people who think they're where they are because they master the draft are wrong. I think they're where they are because they build that the draft is frosting on the cake not the foundation. More proof today when the cut Antonio Garcia their 3rd round pick from 2017. They can afford to make mistakes and don't give it a second thought. Could you imagine the outrage if Miami released Tankersly after one season and he was selected 14 picks after Garcia. Garcia was released due to a non-football releated illness, but if Miami had to do the same thing it would be viewed as devestating. In New England it's no big deal.

NE has been awful at the draft since Parcells left. They happen to have the goat qb. People tend to point to the year Brady got hurt and they started Cassel and went 11-5. But nobody mentions how they failed to make the playoffs that year and they also had an absolutely loaded roster coming off an 18-1 season. Belichick is great at what he does. They find players that do their jobs. NE gets the benifit or the doubt based on their past success. We do not have that luxury

Yes lets all debate why New England really isn't that good and most of this is just luck

Never said they weren't good. In fact I said they've been the league's model team over the past decade +. What I said is they're not the draft masters who make fewer draft errors than other teams as people make them out to be.

I have all the respect in the world for what Tom Brady has accomplished.

And Belichek certainly deserves his credit as a coach and master manipulator of players and rules.

That said.......it's sooooo over.

We're not the Jets, we're the Bills.

We've defended our house valiantly against those fluckers.

We may lose in Foxborough this year, we might not, but Brady ain't leaving The Rock with a W.

Belicheck misses on draft picks but the Pats have tons of picks every year.

Anyone want to compare their last few drafts, how many starters they got out of them to us or the league average. Go back five years? Ten years? The whole Belichick era?

NE went 11-5 with a backup QB, while Miami went 11-5 with the "most accurate QB in history".

NE went 11-5 after a 16-0 season, while Miami went 11-5 after a 1-15 season. Your point?

One maintained a level of winning at a high level with a backup QB and the other needed a historic season from a QB and a gimmick offense to reach a level of respectability.

Let's not forget the WC flummoxed BB in the unveiling of the WC. That one single game was huge. Without it, Miami would have been on the outside looking in.

Belicheck misses on draft picks but the Pats have tons of picks every year.

This is the correct answer. The Pats actively acquire picks while others trade them away. They also get tons of comp picks as well. If a pick is a 50-50 proposition, I’d rather have 4 picks than 2.

Also Miami was a 6 win team going into 2007, and they lost their mvp...and we put up a Cleveland type season.

A 5 game difference losing your mvp, seems to be the norm in apples to apples comparison.

Back
Top Bottom