Patriots=Cheaters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots=Cheaters

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
Does anyone notice the Patriots Cheat alot and/or the refs give them so many calls

1. The last game of the 2002 season, the pass interference call that put the Pats on the 5 yd line
2. In 2003 game vs Miami (the game Mare missed two) Chris Chambers had the ball and was being tackled by 3 players and his foward progresss was stopped for about 5 seconds and then rodney harrison knocked the ball out of his hand and the refs called it a fumble.
3. This year in the game we won vs Pats Monday Nighter. The play right before the famous Feeley to Thompson, Feeley threw it to thompson and troy brown pushed him in mid air and the refs called nothin.

Please share other instances when you have noticed the patriots cheating.

Also I always notice we get so many calls against us but nothing for us.

They get a lot of favorable calls - because the NFL loves them. They are still a very good football team though. I wouldn't call them cheaters - just fortunate beneficiaries of some generous calls in their favor.

how about against indy in the conference championship game 2 years ago, boy there was some horrible calls in that game that wen in the pats favor, but yeah they r a good team and they did deserve to win but still

The Snow Plow Game RING a Bell????

Other then that game....They got the Rings for a Reason...

NOt cheaters but extremely lucky. The tuck rule?

They even benefitted from 9/11 with the cancellation that gave them an extra by-week at the end of the season during their first superbowl run.

You just have to shake your head and move on.

PhinKev said:
NOt cheaters but extremely lucky. The tuck rule?

They even benefitted from 9/11 with the cancellation that gave them an extra by-week at the end of the season during their first superbowl run.

You just have to shake your head and move on.

nice point

CChambers7284 said:
Does anyone notice the Patriots Cheat alot and/or the refs give them so many calls

1. The last game of the 2002 season, the pass interference call that put the Pats on the 5 yd line
2. In 2003 game vs Miami (the game Mare missed two) Chris Chambers had the ball and was being tackled by 3 players and his foward progresss was stopped for about 5 seconds and then rodney harrison knocked the ball out of his hand and the refs called it a fumble.
3. This year in the game we won vs Pats Monday Nighter. The play right before the famous Feeley to Thompson, Feeley threw it to thompson and troy brown pushed him in mid air and the refs called nothin.

Please share other instances when you have noticed the patriots cheating.

Also I always notice we get so many calls against us but nothing for us.

Speaking of that 2003 OT game where Mare missed the field goals...I seem to remember a 40 yard completion to Chambers with the official right there...and the replays showed he had stepped out of bounds twice before coming back in the field and making the catch. Sometimes calls go against you...find a way to win anyhow...geez. TO's first big completion in the Super Bowl was all because of a blatent pick play taking Randall Gay out of the play...lead to their first score...find a way to win anyway.

And don't get me started on the tuck rule. Bad rule? Yeah I think it is...but for some reason the NFL has still not changed it. They wanted to remove the refs from having to make any sort of interpretation on the QB's intent...once the ball starts forward...unless it is tucked back into the body...it's considered an incomplete pass. I think Brady fumbled, he wasn't about to throw...but by rule it was not...there's no grey area. Don't blame the ref...blame the competiton committee (the same people who brought us last years outstanding illegal contact penalties) for not changing it. By the way...The Raiders still had 3 minutes and an overtime to find a way to win that game. Oh yeah...while Woodson was knocking out the ball with his right hand...his left hand was slapping Brady across the head...that's 15 yards roughing the passer...not called. Sometimes calls go against you...find a way to win anyway.

dont blame the pats... blame the officials

I dont think they cheated...they just catch all the good breaks and its getting even better with them because the officials favor them in every call.

How about McGinnest's 'hurt' leg in the Indy game, bought them time to regroup and stop Indy from driving, (funny how two of their guys were 'hurt' at the same time) hurt him so bad that he was able to sprint dwon the field after they won. I saw a couple blown no-calls in the Pats-Texans game and I think and Pats-Titans game. But screw 'em I think their time is finally over. time for the
Saban era!!

burghPhinFan said:
How about McGinnest's 'hurt' leg in the Indy game, bought them time to regroup and stop Indy from driving, (funny how two of their guys were 'hurt' at the same time) hurt him so bad that he was able to sprint dwon the field after they won. I saw a couple blown no-calls in the Pats-Texans game and I think and Pats-Titans game. But screw 'em I think their time is finally over. time for the
Saban era!!

While I agree the first SB run seemed to be helped out with some amazing luck, you can't take anything away from them this past year, they beat the 3 best teams in the league in consecutive games.

The one play that really stands out the first year (besides the tuck game) is when the Pats were playing the Bills, the game was in OT and the Pats had the ball, Patten catches a pass and gets hit so hard by Keion Carpenter he drops the ball and is knocked out cold. Clements recovers the ball at the Bills 41. Bills ball right, wrong, refs say that even though Patten is out cold his leg is touching the ball while his head is laying out of bounds, so Pats ball.

WHAT!!!!! The guy is out cold, does not have any posession of the ball but his leg is touching and that is considered possession. That is luck, if that's the rule that's the rule, but what are the odds.

Just a little earlier Price catches what very well could have been the winning TD (final score was 12-9 in OT)but the refs call him out of bounds, and of course the brain trust coach of the Bills Gregg Williams doesn't call for a review, amazing part is he was known for calling reviews all season when there was nothing to review.

To top it off, if the Bills win this game the Fins have the division and a first round bye.

Just goes to show a little luck can go a long way.

gripgrap said:
Speaking of that 2003 OT game where Mare missed the field goals...I seem to remember a 40 yard completion to Chambers with the official right there...and the replays showed he had stepped out of bounds twice before coming back in the field and making the catch. Sometimes calls go against you...find a way to win anyhow...geez. TO's first big completion in the Super Bowl was all because of a blatent pick play taking Randall Gay out of the play...lead to their first score...find a way to win anyway.

And don't get me started on the tuck rule. Bad rule? Yeah I think it is...but for some reason the NFL has still not changed it. They wanted to remove the refs from having to make any sort of interpretation on the QB's intent...once the ball starts forward...unless it is tucked back into the body...it's considered an incomplete pass. I think Brady fumbled, he wasn't about to throw...but by rule it was not...there's no grey area. Don't blame the ref...blame the competiton committee (the same people who brought us last years outstanding illegal contact penalties) for not changing it. By the way...The Raiders still had 3 minutes and an overtime to find a way to win that game. Oh yeah...while Woodson was knocking out the ball with his right hand...his left hand was slapping Brady across the head...that's 15 yards roughing the passer...not called. Sometimes calls go against you...find a way to win anyway.

yeah that chambers out of bounds missed call was unreal!!!
and dont forget the coin toss!!!!!! that was BS. the pats called it and the officials messed up and gave it to miami!!!!!

burghPhinFan said:
Saban era!!

i think u are a steelers fan not a phin fan!!!!!!
:roflmao:

the thing about the tuck rule is not that its unclear, its that it didnt exits. I dont remember that bills play, but if refs messed that up they are idiots.

Super Bowl XXXVIII... under a minute left in the game with the Pats and Panthers tied at 29.

Brady hits Troy Brown with a long pass that moves the ball inside the Carolina 20... but it's brought back on one of the weakest offensive pass interference penalties I've ever seen.

If anyone ever had any thought that NFL referees were going out of their way to help the Patriots, it all should have ended right there.

Back
Top Bottom