Patriots FA on defense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots FA on defense

Brady keeps talking about playing until he's 45 or 46. Initially i thought this was his last year, but i think he's going to play at least one more season now.

I just want this reign of terror to end. No divisional teams in sports have suffered more than the rest of the AFC East the last 20 years.
In retrospect, this must have been how the Jets, Patriots and Buffalo felt while Shula was roaming the sidelines for the Dolphins.

Yea buffalo must have been so upset knocking the dolphins out of the playoffs and making 4 Super Bowls.
Lol. Yes, but there was a stretch where Miami beat Buffalo 20 straight times. That's 10 seasons in a row!

Lol. Yes, but there was a stretch where Miami beat Buffalo 20 straight times. That's 10 seasons in a row!

Shulas win per w Miami was .659, Belichick w New England is .746. That’s not really close. Shula 17-14 in playoffs w Miami vs Belichick w ne 30-10. That’s not even comparable.

Shulas win per w Miami was .659, Belichick w New England is .746. That’s not really close. Shula 17-14 in playoffs w Miami vs Belichick w ne 30-10. That’s not even comparable.
Honestly, I don't think you can compare teams from the salary cap to the NFL before the cap.

The salary cap came into being mostly for competitive equity reasons as teams like the 49ers were spending a rumored three times as much as the next highest team. Personally, I think Shula may have won 5-6 super bowls if the salary cap existed in the 1970's and beyond. When his teams had equal talent to the opposition, Shula dominated.

But, yes Bellichick's win percentage is impressive. There is no argument there. A 12-4 season for New England is the norm. Anything less is considered a bad year for them and critics start talking about their demise.

I'm not a big fan of Grier but to say he needs to go unless we get players from NE makes no sense. You don't even know how well they'd do outside of that team. Not saying I don't want NE players but they're not the only ones out there.
Eric Rowe shouldn’t be in Miami

Back
Top Bottom