Patriots lost on purpose - Miko | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots lost on purpose - Miko

"So none of the 3rd and longs we converted mattered? Gotcha"

The score was 10-10. We still had so many drives short-circuit as usual. We still squandered good field position regularly. Remember when Jennings made the sideline catch that was reviewed and ultimately confirmed as a catch? It was still 4th and 1, and we still failed to get one yard and turned the ball over to NE at their 40 yard line. Still pathetic failure.

They ran a play from the shotgun on 4th and 1. So essentially needed 4 yards instead of 1 b/c of that asswipe play call.

I'd question anyone's "football IQ" if they think the Patsies tried to lose.

With Miko, it's definitely time to question her entire IQ.

The funny thing is the plan NE used was really 2 plays from working. Had it not been for Parkers circus catch and a missed Gostkowski field goal (who usually hits everything) they may have won.

Only 2 plays changed that game. Parker's circus-catch, and Tannehill finally deciding to run when the seas part like Moses did it.

If that game mattered to Miami, he would've stood there like a statue waiting to get sacked. Also, Parker would've not caught that ball.
Unfortunately, the game actually did matter to Miami, and they found a way to produce a harmful outcome once again. What did they cost themselves, about 4-5 spots of draft order?

We literally dropped from 6th to 8th. Whoopedie do stop crying.

Going in, I think this is the only time I ever rooted for the Phins to lose to secure a better draft pick and ensure the bloodletting of a lot of the deadwood.

However, in retrospect, having the opportunity to **** over the Cheatriots as a last season gesture coupled with the Jets losing out on the playoffs, under the circumstances of "misery loves company" made for a pretty decent Sunday. :up:

Miko thought that because Brent could jump out of a pool, he was a great cornerback.

Going in, I think this is the only time I ever rooted for the Phins to lose to secure a better draft pick and ensure the bloodletting of a lot of the deadwood.

However, in retrospect, having the opportunity to **** over the Cheatriots as a last season gesture coupled with the Jets losing out on the playoffs, under the circumstances of "misery loves company" made for a pretty decent Sunday. :up:

That was my mindset going into the game. Then the game was going on and I'm yelling because I want the Dolphins to win. It's funny how that works.

That was my mindset going into the game. Then the game was going on and I'm yelling because I want the Dolphins to win. It's funny how that works.

Ditto....and the longer the game went on and stayed close the more I started getting into it. I dont have it in my DNA to route against the fins....just cant do it even when I want to.

"So none of the 3rd and longs we converted mattered? Gotcha"

The score was 10-10. We still had so many drives short-circuit as usual. We still squandered good field position regularly. Remember when Jennings made the sideline catch that was reviewed and ultimately confirmed as a catch? It was still 4th and 1, and we still failed to get one yard and turned the ball over to NE at their 40 yard line. Still pathetic failure.

I said as much during the game after multiple third and longs, the failed runs on 3rd and short or 4th and short, the stupid penalties, etc. The only difference that we made some plays. Playing poorly on 1st and 2nd down, then pulling a play out of your butt is not a sustainable strategy (although that is exactly what Lazor tried all year). I would much prefer seeing the big plays on 2nd and 1 or 1st and 10 (like the 46 yard Parker catch) rather than 3rd and long (like the Tannehill run, Jennings catch, and first Parker catch).

I could never root for them to lose but I sure as hell never thought they would win. I pretty much went in with the mentality that I have to watch the game no matter what because I won't get to see them play for another 9 months, but by the 4th quarter my 7 year old and I were screaming and high 5ing like it was the first game of the season. Keeping the Cheatriots from getting home field advantage as well as the jets losing was just the cherry on top.

Defensively they were attacking with 8 man fronts slamming safeties into the gaps.

Their line problems are well documented.

The only thing I give in this regard is 1) They ran the ball ad nauseam 15 times to start game and 2) Edelman and others rested for playoffs.

Other than that, the look on Belechicks face said he wanted to win. He became concerned with his OLine and his DB's who were roasted all day.

They thought the could run on us and Bilicheat was upset they lost because the couldn't. I don't think they have any idea if they're playing the Bengels or Chiefs. She's stupid and just needs to go root for the Steelers.

Back
Top Bottom