Patriots not THAT good. Dolphins Defense, THAT bad! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots not THAT good. Dolphins Defense, THAT bad!

chumbucket

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The chargers are going to the Pat's this week and they will light up the Pat's defense and win big. Mark my words gang when the smoke has cleared and the nationwide espn circle jerk is over the pat's will come back to the pack. Yeah they have Tom Brady and they are a very good team but If we played Buffalo on Monday night Im afraid the result would have been the same. The miami dolphins continie to be ther preinial highlight reel fall guy. I watched the Lions Destroy the Pat's in the 3rd preseason game. Sure it was preseason but it was a dress rehersal game. There is something seriously wrong with this defense and the managment of this team. We really could be looking at a 1-15 repeat this season. And if you cant score on a 4 and 1 then we are screwed. Polite used to be the guy that pounded it in in short yardage situations and he was cut?!!? This team needs to be sold to an owner who knows and appreciates the game. We all hate the jets but they went from mediocore to really good with the addition of a new football coach who knows the game. It really sucks to get your hopes up every year just to be crushed in the first few weeks.

During the 9+ game 30 point streak, the Patriots have put up 30+ on the Steelers, Bears, Jets, Packers, and Dolphins.. Even though our defense was bad, how bout some credit for the Patriots? The Patriots were FIRST in offense this year..

The Patriots were first in offense, and average 32 points per game last season...Come on man!

During the 9+ game 30 point streak, the Patriots have put up 30+ on the Steelers, Bears, Jets, Packers, and Dolphins.. Even though our defense was bad, how bout some credit for the Patriots? The Patriots were FIRST in offense this year..

The Patriots were first in offense, and average 32 points per game last season...Come on man!

i'd give them credit if they played a real defense, our defense was suckin wind and limping on 1 leg out there, thats not a real defense.

The chargers are going to the Pat's this week and they will light up the Pat's defense and win big. Mark my words gang when the smoke has cleared and the nationwide espn circle jerk is over the pat's will come back to the pack. Yeah they have Tom Brady and they are a very good team but If we played Buffalo on Monday night Im afraid the result would have been the same. The miami dolphins continie to be ther preinial highlight reel fall guy. I watched the Lions Destroy the Pat's in the 3rd preseason game. Sure it was preseason but it was a dress rehersal game. There is something seriously wrong with this defense and the managment of this team. We really could be looking at a 1-15 repeat this season. And if you cant score on a 4 and 1 then we are screwed. Polite used to be the guy that pounded it in in short yardage situations and he was cut?!!? This team needs to be sold to an owner who knows and appreciates the game. We all hate the jets but they went from mediocore to really good with the addition of a new football coach who knows the game. It really sucks to get your hopes up every year just to be crushed in the first few weeks.

im not so sure about this one. i have a strange feeling new england is really gonna put a hurting on teams this year. its early, but new york has had alot to say and the medias been talking about brady like he cant get it done anymore. new englands defense looked pretty good after the abandoned their base package after the first drive and until they led by 21. they got pressure on the qb and they didnt have to blitz. imo brady has the best combination of weapons hes had since hes been in new england. they have light, soldier and vollmar to keep him upright and solder looks like he may be a good one. miami wasnt ready, they played poorly, but they clearly had no idea what they were up against, and its gonna happen to other teams as well.

i think haynesworth is going to work out. i always liked carter in a 4-3 i like nincovich - hes versatile. same for mayo. and we forget they still have 3-4 personal. teams are not going to know week to week whats coming. they are going to be able to attack teams in so many different ways. they didnt dress spikes cause he didnt fit the gameplan this week. and spikes has played well for them. this team is deep, its versatile, and they have brady. plus he was just unanimous mvp and rodgers, vick, and rivers are the guys getting the buzz for mvp this year for some reason. 14-2 wouldnt surprise me one bit. and this may be their best team yet. time will tell. but new york is not going to beat these guys in the playoffs this year

Defenses were pretty bad all around the league week one. Add Tom Brady to the mix and he'll shred just about any good defense to pieces. Every single game, except for JAX-TEN (30 points), had at least 41 points scored. Only four teams managed to score less than 14 points. There were a bunch of QBs to reach the 300 yard passing mark. In fact, it turned out to be a historically prolific offensive week with more passing yards than ever before!

I dunno if it was just opening week surprises or the shortened offseason, but there was not very much defense to be had in MOST games (maybe both). We probably won't get much downturn in offense, but it won't come anything close to what we saw in the first week. I expect the best teams to make adjustments. One things for sure, the Dolphins need to make some BIG adjustments. Whether that happens remains to be seen. I'm pretty confident we will...hopefully our offense stays on fire.

Nah the Pats will handle the chargers by atleast 2 scores. Nice try though.

1) SD now knows about hurry up and can prepare.
2) NE not that good? ya know, i hate the pats more than anything, but some things are just real and some are just not.

Nah the Pats will handle the chargers by atleast 2 scores. Nice try though.

Not going to happen.

What the Pats did to us is nothing that hard to prepare for, we just didn't execute. Teams will shut down the middle of the field and the TE's. Green-Ellis and Ohco cannot carry them.

Wrong, Brady had a near perfect game...when an all-time great QB does that there is nothing you can do.

Marino tore up the great 1985 Bears defense....one of the top 3 defenses ever...and we beat them handily.

I also blame Sparano for poor conditioning and Nolan for being unprepared for the hurry-up.

Back
Top Bottom