Patriots players alarmed about new offensive staffs lack of direction | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots players alarmed about new offensive staffs lack of direction

Probably nothing to see here. Many of the players there have seen 1 coordinator and consistency. They now have something different, Belichick will have it straightened out.

You mean try to run 3 straight downs for 1st downs but when it is 3rd and 6. Button hooks to move the chains rinse and repeat and rely on their defense to keep it close

Why is this even news? Thanks for his could be a smoke screen for all we know. Regardless of what you might feel about Belichick he teams tend to be prepared. Also, we as Dolphins fans we are also installing a new offense which comes with growing pains so I don’t see what the issue is here.

i actually wanted to post something specifically in regards to this topic.

Its a bit interesting that Patricia and Judge are both top offensive coaches although both were considered defensive guys.

We’ll see how it plays out this year, but it was something I found to be super intriguing.

No need for worry. As FH inhabitants have heard for years . . .
1) 'Good' QBs can carry their teams.
2) Jones is a good QB.
Do I need to note sourcasm?

No need for worry. As FH inhabitants have heard for years . . .
1) 'Good' QBs can carry their teams.
2) Jones is a good QB.
Do I need to note sourcasm?
I remember when Daniel Jones was drafted, it was considered a reach by everyone/media/etc. He never at any point looked more than okay, and only the Giants ever believed in him, probably because they had to. I don't think anyone considers Jones a good QB at this point - although I'm not sure how any of that pertains to my post.

I just thought it was intriguing that BB hired two prominent coaches to offensive positions and both guys are/were widely considered defensive guys. I think its a very interesting story line because if BB is right, then it just shows how important the teacher is and the system itself. We'll see.

I think the same thing I’ve always thought … He’s a ****ing fraud.

It’s no coincidence that the bloom is coming off the rose after Brady’s departure. GOAT coach, my ass! Tom covered up for/bailed him out of his goofy decisions for years. FA’s came there on bargain basement rates for years to win … it wasn’t because of BB, it was Brady. All that **** has ended.

It’s becoming clearer to more people every year post-Tom … ol’ Billy boy is a first class ****ing fraud.

I’m soooo glad he didn’t retire when 12 left. :chuckle:

But the first two Super Bowls Brady wasn’t really elite Brady. He was a game manager. The defense won the first two.

i actually wanted to post something specifically in regards to this topic.

Its a bit interesting that Patricia and Judge are both top offensive coaches although both were considered defensive guys.

We’ll see how it plays out this year, but it was something I found to be super intriguing.

After a quick internet search, It appears JJ & MP are more well rounded than say Brian Flores.

Regardless, I would not be encouraged if I were a patsies fan.

p.s. I was watching a replay (this morning) of the Tampa/NE from last season. Collinsworth, being the doosh he is, inferred that Mac would soon be doing Brady like things. Lets see how that plays out w/ McDaniels now the HC in LV

I think the same thing I’ve always thought … He’s a ****ing fraud.

It’s no coincidence that the bloom is coming off the rose after Brady’s departure. GOAT coach, my ass! Tom covered up for/bailed him out of his goofy decisions for years. FA’s came there on bargain basement rates for years to win … it wasn’t because of BB, it was Brady. All that **** has ended.

It’s becoming clearer to more people every year post-Tom … ol’ Billy boy is a first class ****ing fraud.

I’m soooo glad he didn’t retire when 12 left. :chuckle:
I always said Shula was better. I don’t care how many SBs etc. Shula used 5 different QBs (Morrall, Unitas, Griese, Moral again, Woodley/Strock, Marino) to get to 6 SBs in a span of 15-16 years. 33 seasons with only 2 losing seasons. Still the all time win leader even though BB had Brady and the AFC East spotting him 6 wins per year forever - he won 12+ games like a million times but I don’t think he ever got to a SB after the Tuck Fiasco winning a title game on the road (where cheating is harder). BB wins a SB or goes to one w Max Jones then I’ll listen. Shula > BB end of story

But the first two Super Bowls Brady wasn’t really elite Brady. He was a game manager. The defense won the first two.
100%. And the footage of the Ram’s red zone offense they filmed played a huge role. Rams could not score until they went hurry up late and got back to back TDs to tie the game up. Mike Martz was an idiot as a HC

I always said Shula was better. I don’t care how many SBs etc. Shula used 5 different QBs (Morrall, Unitas, Griese, Moral again, Woodley/Strock, Marino) to get to 6 SBs in a span of 15-16 years. 33 seasons with only 2 losing seasons. Still the all time win leader even though BB had Brady and the AFC East spotting him 6 wins per year forever - he won 12+ games like a million times but I don’t think he ever got to a SB after the Tuck Fiasco winning a title game on the road (where cheating is harder). BB wins a SB or goes to one w Max Jones then I’ll listen. Shula > BB end of story
This is interesting. I was only alive for the tail end of Shulas career and didn't realize he went to 6 Super Bowls.

I'm with you, Shula is better than BB. If it wasn't for the Cheating and the fact Brady was always covering for his awful roster moves/poor drafts I'd put BB ahead.

This is interesting. I was only alive for the tail end of Shulas career and didn't realize he went to 6 Super Bowls.

I'm with you, Shula is better than BB. If it wasn't for the Cheating and the fact Brady was always covering for his awful roster moves/poor drafts I'd put BB ahead.
I just think Shula’s ability to win with different QBs / adjust his system to his personnel - and be successful in 31 of 33 campaigns (yes there were some .500 seasons but at least you’re in the hunt in December pretty much every year) - is so, so impressive. I don’t know what other coach won in as many ways

I just think Shula’s ability to win with different QBs / adjust his system to his personnel - and be successful in 31 of 33 campaigns (yes there were some .500 seasons but at least you’re in the hunt in December pretty much every year) - is so, so impressive. I don’t know what other coach won in as many ways
Shula at one time took Miami to the 2nd best franchise win percentage in NFL history, right behind San Fran and I think they actually flip flopped a few times during his tenure, it was over .600%.

Given how shity the past 20 years have been Miami is still 6th all time in winning percentage and that is all Shula.

Going in a circle is not a lack of direction, just a lack of "forward" progress. - LOL

I guess then we should call that circular kind of meaningless direction Con-gress - LOL

He still helped a lot by playing on a 6th rd rookie contract. When your qb is THAT cheap and he's at least a game manager you've already got the upper hand. You can sign better players at all other positions.

Their draft picks this year were very sloppy. We freaking wanted Strange at 102. Just sort WRs by 40 time and take the guy on top of the list. Those dbs suck too. Strong was their only value pick.

Back
Top Bottom