Patriots power struggle? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots power struggle?

They are probably good enough to go past Buffalo (if they would beat the Jaguars) and maybe TN but KC, Jags and Pittsburgh could give them serious problems. Our game has shown that while in the past you could rattle Brady with pressure but this year he kinda falls apart. Our Monday Night game was actually a blue print. Brady threw so many head scratchers often without even having any pressure (foot steps).
The Jags defense was the only bright spot I had all year on my miserable fantasy football team. They could definitely unseat the Pats in the Divisional.
They are practically unbeatable at home in the championship and on their way to a 7th straight AFC championship. The Pats have been toying with the AFC for years and until teams figure out how to stop them in the regular season, preventing cakewalk playoff runs, I'm not buying into any kinks in their armor.

Really weird as the Pats are coming out and denying all of it. So either it's a total fabrication to earn readers, or there is an inside source (s) giving this info and are lying, or the Pats top brass is lying.

giphy.gif

Here is how I view this article. At this point it doesn't matter what information from the article is substantiated or not because it plants the seeds of doubt in the minds of the three most important people in that organization.

One quote comes to mind and I can only hope it plays out this way:
An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again, but one which crumbles from within, is dead forever.

Really weird as the Pats are coming out and denying all of it. So either it's a total fabrication to earn readers, or there is an inside source (s) giving this info and are lying, or the Pats top brass is lying.

The source that makes the most sense for all this is Brady's business partner Guerrerro who feels slighted by BB. The top brass is doing damage control.

That Guerro Guy sounds like a quack. **** Brady that little jerk.

explain then why before tom brady ever played a snap under coach BB, coach BB record in 100 games was 42-58? Before tom brady, BB was known as a defensive genius, which he was, but had zero success as being a Head coach.

Just to make it clear, basically all coaches need a top notch qb to have long term success in the nfl. What BB has done with brady is matched by no other coach in nfl history. However, if we are going to look at the whole picture, in BB first 100 games, which is 6 plus seasons worth of games, which i think we can all agree is a large sample size, he was 16 games under 500, including 1-1 in 2 playoff games.

And yet in 2008 he still had his team over .500 with a backup QB. If you don't think BB had plans for Jimmy G, your insane.

BB had his team going to the Superbowl before Brady. Bledsoe just got hurt in the AFC Championship (iirc). So yeah, BB had success before Tommy Boy jumped on his coattails.

explain then why before tom brady ever played a snap under coach BB, coach BB record in 100 games was 42-58?

I suppose that just like many other coaches/players that aren't in the ideal situation it takes them a while to get in their groove. Can you explain how they still went 11-5 with Matt Cassell?

I'm certainly not trying to say that Brady is not a HOFer bc he most certainly is, but you'll never convince me that if those 2 separate that Brady would be the one to have the maintained great success. BB will succeed at his next stop, Brady and the Patriots would regress with McDaniels.

And yet in 2008 he still had his team over .500 with a backup QB. If you don't think BB had plans for Jimmy G, your insane.
look,im not knocking BB or anything in terms of being a good coach, no one can deny the success he had as a defensive coordinator, and the success he has had with brady. All i am saying is that prior to brady, his record was 42-58 in 6 plus seasons with just 1 playoff appearance and 1 playoff win in that span. that would never be deemed acceptable under any other coach. Also if u recall, there were talks of firing him in new england when he started 5-11 in 2000 for the pats, and 0-2 in 2001 before brady came in.

you mention how he went 11-5 with a backup qb as that was extremely impressive. when u put it into context, that is a 5 game drop off from the previous year with a much softer schedule. The team was the same on the offensive side with the exception of qb, and look what happened, they missed the playoffs that season. Matt cassell the following year went to kc and they went 11-5 and won the division.

ill take brady any day over BB. Obviously id love them both as a tandem, but if i am taking one, ill take brady.

i hope BB leaves and goes to another team, it would be fascinating for every nfl fan to witness

I suppose that just like many other coaches/players that aren't in the ideal situation it takes them a while to get in their groove. Can you explain how they still went 11-5 with Matt Cassell?

I'm certainly not trying to say that Brady is not a HOFer bc he most certainly is, but you'll never convince me that if those 2 separate that Brady would be the one to have the maintained great success. BB will succeed at his next stop, Brady and the Patriots would regress with McDaniels.
Because they had an extremely talented roster. They had moss and welker still, they had everyone from that all time great offense of 07, with the exception of brady, and if u remember that season, they lost games they never lose with brady, in non competitive ways.

Remember, we also went 11-5 that season, with tony sparano as coach ( the guy who everyone says was one of the worst coaches in the nfl ) and our wrs being freaking greg camerillo, devone bess, and ted giin, and camerillo got hurt late in the season, so it was down to bess, ginn and brandon london.

2008 the afc east had a cupcake schedule.

i respect your opinion, but ill take brady over BB. BB has never had success as a head coach without brady, and before u say brady never had success without BB, brady never played for anyone other than BB, BB has had several opportunities to be successful as a headcoach without brady and failed.

BB had his team going to the Superbowl before Brady. Bledsoe just got hurt in the AFC Championship (iirc). So yeah, BB had success before Tommy Boy jumped on his coattails.
Bledsoe got hurt in week three that year, and Brady took over and led them to the AFC Championship game, where HE proceded to get hurt, and Bledsoe came in and pitched relief to close the deal.

Bledsoe got hurt in week three that year, and Brady took over and led them to the AFC Championship game, where HE proceded to get hurt, and Bledsoe came in and pitched relief to close the deal.
Correct, although bledsoe got hurt week 2, and they lost that game to the jets in foxboro to start 0-2, and then went 11-3 in 14 games with brady as starter.

I stand corrected. Guess my memory is slipping on me in my progressing age.

The only reason I give this conspiracy theory any thought is I've been puzzled from the get go why BB traded Brissett for almost nothing, then Garrapalo for chump change.

Neither move was necessary this season. I can accept the trade of JB to the Colts, but why the trade to SF when they could have tagged and traded JG next season?

Back
Top Bottom