Patriots Sign David Terrell

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
its a great signing watch how well he does in the pats org and with brady throwing to him again..... he had 699 yds last yr on da bears!!!


great pick up now they need to resign troy next..........:cooldude:
 

Fitz

Hammered
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
372
Reaction score
0
Did they play together in college or something?
 

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
yes they did for 2 yrs and terrell was awesome and had great timing with brady, especially in the 00 orange bowl game

he was bradys fav wr and goto guy so if he can make it with the pats he wont make it anywhere...

but im sure he will because he will know he can win it all right now.....
 

The Myth

Three Super Bowl Victories so far!
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Patriots have quietly made themselves stronger. With the additions of David Terrell,and Tim Dwight-WRs, Duane Starks-CB, and Monty Beisel-ILB They are deeper.
Also there are the rookies who didnt see much of the field last season. Ben Watson-TE,
Marquise Hill DE/OLB, Guss Scott-SS/FS, Dexter Reid-FS, Cedric Cobbs-RB, and PK Sam-WR. Thats a lot of solid new players for the Pats. This doesn't include this years Draft picks. So any one who thinks the Patriots got weaker hasn't been paying attention.
 

Dirtywater

SB 36, 38, 39, 49 & 51 Champs
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
673
Reaction score
1
kingnate85 said:
David Terrell? Who CARES!
Funny, you would have said the same thing about David Patten before he arrived on our team. He turned out to be pretty good and certainly helped us win. Same goes for 7th round selection David Givens. I am not saying Terrell will be good or bad, but the 100% dismissal is nothing short of pure comedy.
 

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
8
Dirtywater said:
Funny, you would have said the same thing about David Patten before he arrived on our team. He turned out to be pretty good and certainly helped us win. Same goes for 7th round selection David Givens. I am not saying Terrell will be good or bad, but the 100% dismissal is nothing short of pure comedy.
The difference between Terrell and a late round pick who turns into a good player, is that Terrell has had four years to prove his worth.
 

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
:roflmao: alot of nervous fish fans!!!


terrell will break out this yr with brady, great signing last nite getting monty!!!!
 

FaninPatsyLand

Welcome to Fenway
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
2,845
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: alot of nervous fish fans!!!


terrell will break out this yr with brady, great signing last nite getting monty!!!!

Nervous of the rest of your team?? Sure, anyone who isn't would just be ignorant. However, am I nervous you signed David Terrell?? Hell no. The guy s*cks, and hasn't proven s*it in the NFL. Can you say bust?
 

Dirtywater

SB 36, 38, 39, 49 & 51 Champs
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
673
Reaction score
1
FaninPatsyLand said:
Nervous of the rest of your team?? Sure, anyone who isn't would just be ignorant. However, am I nervous you signed David Terrell?? Hell no. The guy s*cks, and hasn't proven s*it in the NFL. Can you say bust?
Could he be a bust? Sure, but what is the risk? We gave up nothing to obtain his services. This is win/win only. We win by picking up a 26 year old former 1st round pick for nothing and win by if he is bad we cut him. Wasted no players or draft picks to pick him up. Also, it is too early to call him a bust. Now, he could be a bust, but even you would have to admit that being with the current Bears vs. the current Patriots are two different scenarios, right?

I am not asking you to think he is the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, but if this was a Fins signing you would be optimistic that he could produce. Plus, playing with Brady should help him, no?

Lastly, I trust Bill Belichick & Scott Pioli more than I do FininPatsLand and ih8brady when it comes to player personnel matters. The part that always makes me laugh is the "set-in-stone" attitudes and comments in this thread. Who knows what he'll do. It is actually irrlevant. The point is that we got him for nothing instead of trading away all out picks on players that may or not pan out ala Feely, Gordon & Boston.

This is yet another move made wisely by Belichick & Pioli. No risk, all possible reward.
 

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
8
Dirtywater said:
Could he be a bust? Sure, but what is the risk? We gave up nothing to obtain his services. This is win/win only. We win by picking up a 26 year old former 1st round pick for nothing and win by if he is bad we cut him. Wasted no players or draft picks to pick him up. Also, it is too early to call him a bust. Now, he could be a bust, but even you would have to admit that being with the current Bears vs. the current Patriots are two different scenarios, right?

I am not asking you to think he is the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, but if this was a Fins signing you would be optimistic that he could produce. Plus, playing with Brady should help him, no?

Lastly, I trust Bill Belichick & Scott Pioli more than I do FininPatsLand and ih8brady when it comes to player personnel matters. The part that always makes me laugh is the "set-in-stone" attitudes and comments in this thread. Who knows what he'll do. It is actually irrlevant. The point is that we got him for nothing instead of trading away all out picks on players that may or not pan out ala Feely, Gordon & Boston.

This is yet another move made wisely by Belichick & Pioli. No risk, all possible reward.
but should people be afraid of this signing? I wont until Terrell starts producing. He's not like Corey Dillon who was productive but on a lousy team.
 

Dirtywater

SB 36, 38, 39, 49 & 51 Champs
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
673
Reaction score
1
ih8brady said:
but should people be afraid of this signing? I wont until Terrell starts producing. He's not like Corey Dillon who was productive but on a lousy team.
I have no idea who wrote anyone shouild be afraid of the signing. The only way people would be afraid was if he were to live up to the potential of his drafting. I agree to that.

But, it is an intruiging signing if he were to live up to it. Again, no risk signing for the Pats. That's all.
 

FaninPatsyLand

Welcome to Fenway
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
2,845
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Dirtywater said:
Could he be a bust? Sure, but what is the risk? We gave up nothing to obtain his services. This is win/win only. We win by picking up a 26 year old former 1st round pick for nothing and win by if he is bad we cut him. Wasted no players or draft picks to pick him up. Also, it is too early to call him a bust. Now, he could be a bust, but even you would have to admit that being with the current Bears vs. the current Patriots are two different scenarios, right?

I am not asking you to think he is the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, but if this was a Fins signing you would be optimistic that he could produce. Plus, playing with Brady should help him, no?

Lastly, I trust Bill Belichick & Scott Pioli more than I do FininPatsLand and ih8brady when it comes to player personnel matters. The part that always makes me laugh is the "set-in-stone" attitudes and comments in this thread. Who knows what he'll do. It is actually irrlevant. The point is that we got him for nothing instead of trading away all out picks on players that may or not pan out ala Feely, Gordon & Boston.

This is yet another move made wisely by Belichick & Pioli. No risk, all possible reward.
Would I be so optimistic if we signed him to make a thread about him?? No. I don't care if he is a former first round pick and young. We had a guy like that last offseason, his name was Antuan Edwards, and he didn't even make it through the season for us, cause he s*cked. There's a reason young former first rounders are on the market. It's cause they aren't very good. :lol:

Give it a rest..
 

Dirtywater

SB 36, 38, 39, 49 & 51 Champs
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
673
Reaction score
1
FaninPatsyLand said:
Would I be so optimistic if we signed him to make a thread about him?? No. I don't care if he is a former first round pick and young. We had a guy like that last offseason, his name was Antuan Edwards, and he didn't even make it through the season for us, cause he s*cked. There's a reason young former first rounders are on the market. It's cause they aren't very good. :lol:

Give it a rest..
Give what a rest? Who are you talking to son? I posted a thread in the correct section, talking AFC football. If you don't care, then don't read and don't post. All I am doing is talking football. If you actually read the post I wrote that you quoted, you'd see I am not hyping the signing at all, just discussing it.

Why the hostility in your post? I understand you must be frustrated not having a good team lately, and doubling that living in New England, but that is no reason to take your bitterness out on a post/poster that doesn't fuel your anger.

And since when does one player equal another player simply because of their draft status? Man, I don't know who pissed you off, but ease up on your high and mighty attitude. Again, re-read my post. I am not here to brag, boast or troll, simply talking fooball in the damn correct section.

Sorry I can't be as perfect as you. Sheesh, lighten up!
 
Top Bottom