Patriots sniff around FIU QB James Morgan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots sniff around FIU QB James Morgan

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Despite the availability of an unprecedented number of veteran quarterbacks, the Patriots most likely won’t be replacing Tom Brady with an established signal-caller. They instead seem to be far more inclined to consider adding a rookie.

Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reports that the Patriots have had a videoconference meeting with Florida International quarterback James Morgan. He’s not a top prospect, but Morgan reportedly performed well at the East-West Shrine Game. The Green Bay native modeled his game after Hall of Famer Brett Favre.

Morgan seems to be gaining steam. Miami reportedly has interest as well.

I know there are some guys who have been talking up Morgan here, so this has to both validate and worry them. ;)

I want Miami to decide which QB they want and then go get him. I don't care that much who it is, or what round they take him in, as long as they get it right.

I know there are some guys who have been talking up Morgan here, so this has to both validate and worry them. ;)

I want Miami to decide which QB they want and then go get him. I don't care that much who it is, or what round they take him in, as long as they get it right.
I agree. I think Miami is doing all of its due diligence. The Dolphins are connected to virtually every draftable quarterback.

IF Miami actually prefers a QB who is not Tua/Herbert/Love(let's say Fromm or Hurts or Eason) it would open them up to all kinds of options.

They could go BPA at 5(Brown or Simmons), or trade down a bit and grab the OT they like.

And then get their QB in the 2nd or 3rd depending on how much nerve they have. ;)

He'd a legendary steal in the 6th round!

:pbj:

I think the Pats are gonna pick Fromm in the second or third round. Turn him into Tom Brady light.

They have Stidham as a young QB they are trying to mold.I don't think they add another one like Fromm.

Unless they don't really like Stidham at all.

If they don't think he is ready they could go after a vet like Dalton or shock the world with Newton or Jamison.

They aren't going to sit there with Stidham alone year after year if they aren't sure. I won't be surprised if Belichick at this stage tests the conventional wisdom of only one high pick quarterback at a time.

I have to say I didn't pay any attention to Morgan other than the Canes game. He struck me as a guy who only saw fastball windows and reared back to wing it there. Miami was unprepared and sleepwalking in that game so plenty of the fastballs worked, then a flip and go for a later touchdown if I remember correctly.

It does seem like he is the whispered guy from the middle tier.

I have been banging the drum for Morgan for a while.
I don't care if we take someone else, but if Morgan goes to the Pats and lights it up I might have to jump off a bridge.

Back
Top Bottom