Patriots - Texans showing Pats Offense (and Defense) is for real. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots - Texans showing Pats Offense (and Defense) is for real.

Dolphins83Draft

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am seeing way too familiar success and playcalling (with some new wrinkles) in tonight's game as our game against them last week. Blount busting to the edge, Amendola & Edelman succeeding in intermediate to short routes.

Is it just possible that the Pats O is just that good? They look like it against a respected Texans D tonight.

It makes me feel slightly better about our Defensive "effort" while still recognizing we need major improvement on that side of the ball.

Speaking of...Texans Offense hasn't done anything in this game (or the 1st half either).

Houston laying an egg. Pats will go 4-0 w/out Brady. Gonna have the division locked up by week 11.

so far they look like the Dolphins in the first half on offense. Except we're not in the 3rd Quarter...

Grappalo could have hung 21 on this D by the half too.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Also Time of Possession issues!

Whose ready for a few days of this "We'd be in the playoffs if we had Jacoby Brisket..."

so far they look like the Dolphins in the first half on offense. Except we're not in the 3rd Quarter...

Grappalo could have hung 21 on this D by the half too.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Also Time of Possession issues!

I'm sorry to say they look like the Dolphins is a horrendous comparison. We didn't turn the ball over 3 times and NE had a much better QB at the helm.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Houston laying an egg. Pats will go 4-0 w/out Brady. Gonna have the division locked up by week 11.

4-0 without Brady is unbelievable.

I know most people look away and hate to hear it. However, is Tom Brady the most overrated quarterback in the history of the NFL? Also is Bill Belicheck the most underrated coach in the history of the NFL. He makes chicken salad look amazing.

I know most people look away and hate to hear it. However, is Tom Brady the most overrated quarterback in the history of the NFL? Also is Bill Belicheck the most underrated coach in the history of the NFL. He makes chicken salad look amazing.

Belichick will go down as the greatest to ever do it. No question about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe so but I will always have an asterisk next to his name.

That's fair and his championships have all been asterisks. But that's not the point of this. The point is that Tom Brady gets treated as a great. But he isn't in the same region as Manning, Marino and Favre. Heck even Drew Brees.

*Best at getting away with bending or breaking the rules.

You can have a man crash all you want on him but he clearly hasn't done it 100% clean.

This is getting old. Sorry but it really is. We're talking 16 years of dominance and innovation. 3-0 with a 3rd string QB for crying out loud?

I hate him for a lot of reasons but I'd kill 10 people to get him to coach here for just 5 years.

Kevin Clark‏@bykevinclark
-Belichick needs a Bar Rescue-style show where he visits different NFL teams and builds gameplans for crappy teams to win a game.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

This is getting old. Sorry but it really is. We're talking 16 years of dominance and innovation. 3-0 with a 3rd string QB for crying out loud?

I hate him for a lot of reasons but I'd kill 10 people to get him to coach here for just 5 years.

Belichick is now 6-0 with QBs making their 1st ever NFL starts: Zeier, Philcox, Brady, Cassel, Garoppolo & Brissett

Maybe so but it is still a fact that they have been accused of more shady business than most other teams. I won't deny that he is good, same for Brady, but I refuse to crown them the greatest of all time and ignore the fact they have been accused of cheating far too often for some of it to not be true.

Look at it this way. If a lawyer has a high percentage of winning cases but has also been accused of paying people to lie on the stand. Key word there is accused and it is a small percentage. Do you think when you need a lawyer you're not going to at least consider those accusations when hiring him no matter how long ago it happened?

Of course being a lawyer and an NFL coach are two different things but the example is still the same. There is still that shady action there they might ha e committed that casts just the slightest shadow of doubt.

Again there is nothing wrong with saying they are good at what they do, great even, but that nasty little shadow is always there regardless if you want to acknowledge it or not.

Actually if I need a Lawyer all I care about is winning the case. I could care less if he once paid off a witness or even if he paid a witness in my case as long as I won. Freedom first ethics second.

Back
Top Bottom