Patriots Vs. Dolphins | Week 14 Nfl Game Of The Week :condensed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots Vs. Dolphins | Week 14 Nfl Game Of The Week :condensed

Contrary to popular belief on FH, their is no media conspiracy thats against us, or for the Patriots. People - in general - love a winner. Maybe you missed that the Patriots are winners.

Nothing more to it.

Miami was a winner long before the patsys.

Conspiracy is a bit harsh but you're kinda acknowledging it by saying everyone loves a winner. Also you're blending in media along with everyone which is kind of a stretch.

Media bias is in sports, religion, and politics and it very obvious in many shapes or forms.

Miami was a winner long before the patsys.

Conspiracy is a bit harsh but you're kinda acknowledging it by saying everyone loves a winner. Also you're blending in media along with everyone which is kind of a stretch.

Media bias is in sports, religion, and politics and it very obvious in many shapes or forms.

Media is always biased to the most popular and biggest winners. Why wouldn't they be?

If the Cowboys have 10x more fans than the Bills why shouldn't they get more coverage - if all things are equal?

The Dolphins used to be a winner. They're not anymore. There is no shame in that, it's just facts. The Browns were a winner long before the Patriots, too. And they've been horrible for longer. My point wasn't anything remotely outlandish. You're trying to stretch what I said into something it's not... the conspiracy theorists will be on this forum, not the media. The media just loves winners. I was just commenting back on that posters quick little jab which was baseless.

Sooner this forum faces the facts that the Patriots EARNED their respect, sooner we can have more fruitful conversations.

3rd performance for the defense. Stops by Dolphins in italics.

3rd and 4 - pass completed to Josh Gordon for 1st down - Minkah Fitzpatrick in coverage
3rd and 3 - pass completed to Edelman for 1st down - NOBODY in coverage
3rd and goal - touchdown for Develen. #97 Ziggy Hood shoots the gap and plays Brady rather than the fullback
3rd and 1 - run STUFFED by COJONES GRANDES
3rd and goal - pass complete (touchdown) to Julian Edelman. Good coverage by Cornell Armstrong, to be fair.
3rd and 10 - pass completed to Julian Edelman for 1st down. Tory McTyer in coverage.
3rd and 7 - pass completed to Edelman for 1st down. Kiko in coverage.
3rd and 7 - pass completed to Gronkowski for 1st down. Kiko in coverage.
3rd and 8 - pass completed to white but conversion failed. Jerome Baker and Tory McTyer in coverage
3rd and goal - Brady sacked on a great combo play by Godchaux, Quinn and Wake

3rd and 2 - conversion by defensive penalty (pass play)
3rd and 8 - Cam Wake gets there just in time and hits Brady's arm to force an incompletion
3rd and 9 - pass completed to Gronkowski for 1st down. wide open
3rd and 3 - Brady sacked by McCain
3rd and 9 - pass incomplete. Quinn whips his man and forces Brady to throw a hot one short of the sticks

3rd and 2 - pass complete to Edelman for 1st down. Alonso in coverage with help from Jones.
3rd and goal - run stuffed by Cojones Grandes, again.

- Run plays on 3rd down: Patriots converted 1/3 (33%)
- Passing - 3rd and 4 yards or fewer: Patriots converted 5/7. This includes two 3rd and goal situations (Patriots were 1/2).
- Passing - 3rd and 7 yards or more: Patriots converted 4/7.

In total, the Patriots were 6/10 converting third downs when they needed 4 or fewer yards. They were 4/7 converting third downs when they needed 7 or more yards. The Patriots converted about 60% of their third down chances. One thing that you immediately notice watching all of these third downs in sequence is that the only thing that stopped the Patriots from converting was the defensive line. If the Dolphins couldn't get immediate, significant pressure on Tom Brady, the conversions were simple pitch and catch scenarios. There were at least two third down conversions where the receiver was country mile open for an easy conversion.

The only successful third down stop for Miami that didn't involve immediate severe pressure on Brady was the 3rd and 8 pass to James White. He was stopped -- pretty decisively -- by Jerome Baker on that play. Kiko Alonso was targeted three times in pass coverage on 3rd down and all three resulted in conversions. Just a thought here, but Baker seems to be pretty good in coverage and is very athletic. Kiko Alonso is not the fastest guy on the field and isn't very good in coverage. Alonso is brilliant against the run on 3rd and short, but being picked on mercilessly in pass coverage on 3rd and long. Maybe Kiko should be subbed out on 3rd and long for a defensive back with better coverage skills.

Anyway, Miami is now 28th in the NFL in third down defense, allowing conversions nearly 43% of the time. Humorously the worst NFL team (by a mile) on third downs is Cincinnati. MAYBE WE SHOULD STOP HIRING GUYS FROM CINCINNATI TO RUN OUR DEFENSE. JUST A THOUGHT HERE.

3rd performance for the defense. Stops by Dolphins in italics.

Anyway, Miami is now 28th in the NFL in third down defense, allowing conversions nearly 43% of the time. Humorously the worst NFL team (by a mile) on third downs is Cincinnati. MAYBE WE SHOULD STOP HIRING GUYS FROM CINCINNATI TO RUN OUR DEFENSE. JUST A THOUGHT HERE.

Crazy talk...what next...putting a spy with speed on Allen, whose running is the only real threat they have, in the Bills game, which could determine if we get an invite to the dance?

wrong thread? lol

Right thread. I watched the condensed game to look at the coverages on third downs, as I didn't DVR the game. Besides, this is a great thread (thanks, OP) and I thought it deserved a little traffic.

Hours ago I came to post the condensed game and have now finally seen where I don't need to, lol.

As an aside, all everyone talks about is that last play, which was truly joyful.

But how many times does a team with TWO blocked punts end up winning a ballgame???

How often does NE *not* score much in the 2nd half?

That play was the icing on a many layered cake.

It was delicious.

Back
Top Bottom