Patriots Way Coming To Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots Way Coming To Miami

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I guess if you can't beat them join them!

With Flores coming to Miami and rumors that several New England assistants (or former assistants) will help round out the staff, it is clear that the Dolphins want to run things like the Patriots.

That does lead to some questions. One, and perhaps the biggest one, will Flores look for a quarterback like Tom Brady? Will he value quick decision making, accuracy and patience over a quarterback who can hit big plays down the field? Or will he be open to possibilities at the position?

My guess is that Miami will run an offensive and defensive scheme much like New England's. Thoughts?

The patriots "scheme" is to attack the opponents weakness and take away what they do best on O. I've always been a fan of this approach rather than someone like Gase who just runs the same stuff regardless of what the opponent does or the looks hes getting during a game.

The patriots "scheme" is to attack the opponents weakness and take away what they do best on O. I've always been a fan of this approach rather than someone like Gase who just runs the same stuff regardless of what the opponent does or the looks hes getting during a game.

Agreed. I've long thought reading Ds and mental quickness were top talents. Most QB failures boil down to one of those. That said, the Pat's scheme is obvious and successful

My concern is that this kind of defensive scheming is all BB and that Flores can’t really replicate it elsewhere by himself...

Man to man defense baby, they are pressing the hell out of the KC WR's….something we NEVER seem to do.

Of course, Tyreek Hill got that one catch - but everyone else is getting mashed up…

It was 3rd and 2 inside the 10 and KC had their guy 7 yards off of Edleman (who was in motion)….easy catch for the first down…made no sense….you have to get up on these WR's to give your D-line a chance to get there...

Tom Brady has yet to be pressured or had to throw a pass that any Division 2 college quarterback couldn't make. Not knocking Brady, but he's got all day and their OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE lines are dominating. Any QB in NFL, starting this game, for this Patriots team, against this Chiefs defense, would be up at least 14-0. His INT in the end zone wasn't the things of HOF QBs. Great coaching and dominating the line of scrimmage wins games in NFL, PERIOD.

At varying points the Pats have had 2 DL on the field with 6 DBs. That’s probably BB but Flores is astute and will surely bring these differentiating looks to Miami. He’s calling the defense as well so I think its disingenuous to say he doesn’t get some of the credit.

Im sure Flores has learned alot from Belichick, even if Belichick hasnt been teaching him per se.

Van Noy was a non factor in Detroit but is playing really well under Flores. Baker and Mcmillan should benefit from him.

Matt Patricia was there for years being the D-coordinator and doesn't seem to translate well in Detroit.

Not saying Flores won't make it, everyone is different, but we can't apply the logic of him bringing here easily what others have failed to bring with them.

Back
Top Bottom