Patriots Way Coming To Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots Way Coming To Miami

Is the Patriots way implementing 3-5 yd passes like the recent past?
Seriously how in the hell does a team become so "unstoppable" having a QB throw these dink passes 80% of the time along with an average to decent only running game?
Is it me or does this style of offense and the skills of Edelman & Hogan seem easily negated employing a press coverage D as the Falcons did in the 1st half of their SB?
I cannot comprehend how this is so difficult to do on a regular basis and why no one does it
football fields are marked in 5yd increments for a reason. that's the real game.

Is the Patriots way implementing 3-5 yd passes like the recent past?
Seriously how in the hell does a team become so "unstoppable" having a QB throw these dink passes 80% of the time along with an average to decent only running game?
Is it me or does this style of offense and the skills of Edelman & Hogan seem easily negated employing a press coverage D as the Falcons did in the 1st half of their SB?
I cannot comprehend how this is so difficult to do on a regular basis and why no one does it

If you press, they run pick plays inside of 5 yards until you stop pressing.

The NFL is ripe for power running teams to succeed. These things come in cycles. The game is more finesse now than ever, and it used to be more of a power game. I'm hoping Flores brings some of that philosophy down here. Having a physical power running team while still having Jakeem, Albert, and Kenyan on the field can be very dangerous with the right QB.

football fields are marked in 5yd increments for a reason. that's the real game.
Interesting that you say that. Heard the same conversation on sports radio. Talked about how patient Brady is and that he is willing to take those 5-yard completions all game long.

Also noted that the defense feels like they're doing a good job limiting those to five yards, but NE essentially just keeps moving the chains.

A few times against Miami the Patriots didn't even have to challenge down the field.

The phrase "____ way" always has annoyed me. I am a lawyer and I have seen it used by many companies over the years, including also rans (literally in the US and elsewhere, particularly Europe). I am not an MBA but I suppose it's meant to instill a certain culture of striving for excellence.

At any rate, the biggest issue I see, and I hope Flores is smart enough to realize this, you can't be the asshole that Belichick is. It doesn't translate because you're not him. That's where McDaniels and Patricia fell down. Very bizarre arrogant attitude. We saw it here with Ireland too, trying to pass himself off like Parcells.

It's just clownish to not understand that.

The other thing is veteran assistants. If we really do have Caldwell and Bielema in the building, they can be a massive help. I'm sure there is a ton of management that BB cleans up that Flores isn't even aware of. These two can bring some managerial voices into the room. Caldwell strikes me as even keeled and the voice of reason.

Flores comes across as "real" and knowing how to conduct himself. I think the players will relate to that, which will be a refreshing change after the last several years here. The NE players seem to really like him.

I want to play the late game (4 pm) on Sunday as the sun sets in December on the road against a playoff level team and kick their ass late; or win a freaking prime time game. It's been so long since we've been relevant.

I think we all agree, let's hope for the best. Life is finite. There are only so many failed cycles we have in our lifetimes.

This is an interesting thread, my how times have changed….I grew up in Miami, I remember going to a game with my dad and one of his DEA co-workers back in '79 or '80 at the Orange Bowl. He was from Rhode Island and a die hard pats fan….even as a kid I used to get a chuckle out of him being a Pats fan, because they had NO chance. I found it funny that he even wanted to come to the game with me and my dad. The Dolphins, with Shula, just ruled the day. The snow boys coming down to Miami to play football with the funny looking man on their helmets were a joke.

I imagine that's how Pats fans feel about us now.

We don't need the Patriots way, we need the winning way.

The Shula, Landry, Lombardi, Bellicheck, Walsh, etc. way...

This is an interesting thread, my how times have changed….I grew up in Miami, I remember going to a game with my dad and one of his DEA co-workers back in '79 or '80 at the Orange Bowl. He was from Rhode Island and a die hard pats fan….even as a kid I used to get a chuckle out of him being a Pats fan, because they had NO chance. I found it funny that he even wanted to come to the game with me and my dad. The Dolphins, with Shula, just ruled the day. The snow boys coming down to Miami to play football with the funny looking man on their helmets were a joke.

I imagine that's how Pats fans feel about us now.

We don't need the Patriots way, we need the winning way.

The Shula, Landry, Lombardi, Bellicheck, Walsh, etc. way...

I admit, this tangential, but the 'patriot way' proves the NFL isn't a copycat league. Shut down the opposition's top threat? Heavy use of picks and rubs? Up tempo one series, heavy package the next? Nope. Yes,Brady is good, but many QBs/teams can run that scheme.

As for Miami, I doubt they TRY the NE way. Some things will be familiar, but the 'Patriot way?' I'm not certain

The NFL is ripe for power running teams to succeed. These things come in cycles. The game is more finesse now than ever, and it used to be more of a power game. I'm hoping Flores brings some of that philosophy down here. Having a physical power running team while still having Jakeem, Albert, and Kenyan on the field can be very dangerous with the right QB.
Exactly. That’s how Jacksonville succeeded so well last season. I’d love to get back to ground and pound. Defenses aren’t built to stop it anymore

I just hope we bring in a tank of a fullback and let drake and ballage pound it up the gut. Then run the Patriots special rub and throw on 3rd down all the way down the field.

Looking a bit closer at Caldwell.....
2001: Hired by Tony Dungy as QB coach. He didn't have a lot to work with in Brad Johnson who went 340 for 559, 3,406 yards, 13 td, 11 int, & 39 rushes for 120 yards and 3 td.

This why coaching matters 2002 Jon Gruden took over the Buccaneers and even with the limited Brad Johnson Tampa Bay routed the Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII.

Note Brad set passing records for the Buccaneers (then). Also He used altered balls in the Super Bowl.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Johnson_(American_football)#Tampa_Bay_and_the_Super_Bowl_(2001–2004)

My wife is from Boston (Dorchester), the Super Bowl will be on at my house….again….and I will watch it.

Happy wife, happy life.

Smart man. Someone asked me how my weekend went. I pointed out the better way to ask it is, "how did your wife's weekend go?"

Back
Top Bottom