Patriots Way Coming To Miami | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots Way Coming To Miami

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

As #Patriots defensive play-caller Brian Flores coaches one last (important) game for NE, his staff with the #Dolphins is taking shape. Sources say #Giants OLBs coach Robbie Leonard and #Jaguars DL coach Marion Hobby are both joining Flores’ staff in Miami.

Clemson fans loved Coach Hobby based on what I've gathered from Google research.

Here is a video of him while at Clemson:

https://clemsontigers.com/clemson-football-meet-coach-marion-hobby/

I'm hoping that this is the exception that proves the rule so to speak. The history of the Belichick coaching tree is decidedly mediocre. Whatever is Belichick's secret sauce, it doesn't seem to follow his coaches who strike out on their own. The best thing I can see, Belichick doesn't share the recipe, so his coaches end up being good soldiers, not future generals. His initial crew in Cleveland was a collection of people whom he admired, and that group was stellar. Subsequently, since he went to New England and popularized "the Patriot's way", his coaches have been tested and proven unimpressive. The more of those guys we bring over, the more likely we are to be unimpressive.

Belichick won even without Tom Brady. Sure, Brady made the team better, but IMHO, the secret sauce is Belichick himself, and we're not getting Belichick. The Giants were exceptional when they had Belichick. The Browns were improving and becoming a good team when they had Belichick. The defenses of the Jets and Patriots were good when they had Belichick. The common denominator is a no brainer, it's Belichick himself. The numerous failed coaches who had succeeded under Belichick's wing clearly indicates that Belichick did not teach them enough to duplicate his success. My guess is that it is intentional, because Belichick is a secretive guy.

The mystique of the "Patriot way" is built on wins. Those wins are strongly correlated to Bill Belichick himself being on the coaching staff. IMHO, without Belichick, it's just another good slogan like "Just Win Baby!" The slogan is great, but that's not what brings the wins.

I hope we bring a precision passing offense to Miami, and maybe O'Shea does that. But, I'm not expecting the secret sauce. Particularly because the guy who has the secret sauce doesn't give away the recipe, he just keeps saying "Do your job" because he wants all the mastermind stuff to be done exclusively by him.

I'm hoping that this is the exception that proves the rule so to speak. The history of the Belichick coaching tree is decidedly mediocre. Whatever is Belichick's secret sauce, it doesn't seem to follow his coaches who strike out on their own. The best thing I can see, Belichick doesn't share the recipe, so his coaches end up being good soldiers, not future generals. His initial crew in Cleveland was a collection of people whom he admired, and that group was stellar. Subsequently, since he went to New England and popularized "the Patriot's way", his coaches have been tested and proven unimpressive. The more of those guys we bring over, the more likely we are to be unimpressive.

Belichick won even without Tom Brady. Sure, Brady made the team better, but IMHO, the secret sauce is Belichick himself, and we're not getting Belichick. The Giants were exceptional when they had Belichick. The Browns were improving and becoming a good team when they had Belichick. The defenses of the Jets and Patriots were good when they had Belichick. The common denominator is a no brainer, it's Belichick himself. The numerous failed coaches who had succeeded under Belichick's wing clearly indicates that Belichick did not teach them enough to duplicate his success. My guess is that it is intentional, because Belichick is a secretive guy.

The mystique of the "Patriot way" is built on wins. Those wins are strongly correlated to Bill Belichick himself being on the coaching staff. IMHO, without Belichick, it's just another good slogan like "Just Win Baby!" The slogan is great, but that's not what brings the wins.

I hope we bring a precision passing offense to Miami, and maybe O'Shea does that. But, I'm not expecting the secret sauce. Particularly because the guy who has the secret sauce doesn't give away the recipe, he just keeps saying "Do your job" because he wants all the mastermind stuff to be done exclusively by him.
Great post!

With equal football philosophies matched-up for both teams (Dolphins/Patriots), future games between the squads will result in highly entertaining ball for us the fans!

Back
Top Bottom