Pats' Announcers Smug, Shocked, Stunned As It Happens | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats' Announcers Smug, Shocked, Stunned As It Happens

Well, I'm sure some Refs just lost their jobs in not being able to find a way to force Miami to redo that down.

Well, I'm sure some Refs just lost their jobs in not being able to find a way to force Miami to redo that down.

I’m not buying into any conspiracy theories. But, even if you actually do, you gotta admit the miracle in miami is better for the nfl. Story is being picked up everywhere this morning.

This lateral play should be used in every game about 8-10 times...Why not? They stall out on offense and its legal and lethal.
Risky? Sure but when your not moving the ball and in a rut like Miami is prone to do ....USE IT

You know Kraft was on the phone to Goodell,"What the Hell just happened". Goodell was probably like'"I...I...I don't know sir." Kraft."We pay you good money to make sure this stuff doesn't happen. You could have easily fixed it with a flag on the last play". Goodell "It... It... It won't happen again".

You kid! But I genuinely believe someone is going to get fired in that REFS crew.

I could be heard bellowing from inside my bar into the parking lot as people walked in. They asked "what the hell just happened". I said the most magical thing that anyone could have given me for Christmas!!!

Actually, I thought they were pretty good considering. They even acknowledge it was a nice play designed and that the Patriots don't play as well in Miami.
Additionally, They mentioned that the Pats left points on the field which they did.

Agreed, BUT, the Pats scored 6 in 2H. Miami had something to do with that.

I was listening to the Patriots' channel on Sirius XM...my shoulders slumping with 7 seconds left in the game.

Then...the play by play guy started getting loud...

...and a disbelief crossed my face as I stayed slumped over.

It took me 5 minutes to start celebrating .

Wonder how many were there and left early or how many were watching or listening and flipped it off prior to the unthinkable happening?

*Guilty

I would be curious to see this in 1 year's time. It wouldn't surprise me if one of these guys did indeed lose their job for this. Some calls can be made on almost every play like this, such as holding calls or phantom illegal blocks in the back. The lack of these calls surely doesn't happen in Foxboro, and I'm shocked it happened here. Don't be surprised if the refs have a scapegoat they fire.

Word has it that the referee that was supposed to throw the flag never got his Christmas bonus from Kraft

Back
Top Bottom