Pats are cheap | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats are cheap

SleepWithDaFish said:
Brady isn't hurting for money. Waiting a few couple of years for a couple of mill isn't going to put him on welfare. Amazes me when millionares whine about money this way. This is why I stopped following baseball. Greed kills!! :shakeno:

there is a HUGE diffrence between 1 mil and 20 mil. you might be very happy to get 1 mil.

but if i have a chance to earn 20 mil, im taking it.

in sports if other players (who are NOT better than you) are making 10 mil, then you believe you should be making more. its not being greedy, its reality.

Very few people would say.. "i got 1 mil... please dont give me 20 more million, i dont need it".

SleepWithDaFish said:
Brady isn't hurting for money. Waiting a few couple of years for a couple of mill isn't going to put him on welfare. Amazes me when millionares whine about money this way. This is why I stopped following baseball. Greed kills!! :shakeno:

Oh but the Pats aren't greedy by not wanting to pay him upfront ? How much interest can Rob Kraft earn on those millions if they wait a few years to pay him ?

ch19079 said:
there is a HUGE diffrence between 1 mil and 20 mil. you might be very happy to get 1 mil.

but if i have a chance to earn 20 mil, im taking it.

in sports if other players (who are NOT better than you) are making 10 mil, then you believe you should be making more. its not being greedy, its reality.

Very few people would say.. "i got 1 mil... please dont give me 20 more million, i dont need it".

You are talking about a difference of $19 million there. Yeah I would be pissed in that case but we are not. It's a fraction of that and he will get it in time if his play is up to par. Bad comparsion there.

sn9ke.eyes said:
Oh but the Pats aren't greedy by not wanting to pay him upfront ? How much interest can Rob Kraft earn on those millions if they wait a few years to pay him ?

It's not about the Pats being selfish...It's about saving on the cap so they will have cap room to play with in the future to sign other players.

I will add this too. Spend your whole grocery budget on meat and guess what???? You don't have toilet paper, veggies, soap....etc...etc.

SleepWithDaFish said:
It's not about the Pats being selfish...It's about saving on the cap so they will have cap room to play with in the future to sign other players.

And how do you know this is their reason ? I smell B.S. Their cap is fine. It's about the owner making money off the millions and then saving if they choose to cut Brady later in the contract.

sn9ke.eyes said:
And how do you know this is their reason ? I smell B.S. Their cap is fine. It's about the owner making money off the millions and then saving if they choose to cut Brady later in the contract.

Yeah the cap is fine now but what about next year...and the year after that.....and the year after that. Smart move and I stick by it.

SleepWithDaFish said:
Yeah the cap is fine now but what about next year...and the year after that.....and the year after that. Smart move and I stick by it.

That's the price you pay for a top 5 QB in the league. If you divide say a $20 million bonus over the 6 years, it doesn't make that huge of a difference vs. this way. Not enough to risk alienating your QB.

Signing Brady to a contract that pays him $ 3.25 in spare change that you found in the couch cushions is a smart move too, but that doesn't mean he will agree to it or that he will be happy about it.

Well I guess this is what it would come to after becoming a premier QB in the "leauge". It's time to start looking around the "league" to see what the other QB's are getting paid. The fact is the other QB's in the "league" are sitting at home come SB time.

so-long-Ricky said:
Yea, if you consider potentially alienating their best player on the team....then they know what they're doing. :shakeno:

He has come out and said he's not looking for Peyton/Vick money (which he deserves) and yet they offer him a mutiple tiered bonus which many would consider a slap in the face.

Regardless of finances, he has earned financial security and should have all of the bonus up front. NE is trying to set a dangerous precendent (which they consider to be fiscally responsible) which can completely backfire and potentially lose their QB.

The money offered Brady is where Brady is in his development, he's not the best QB out there, he's on a team that has talent everywhere, especially the D, which has won all the Championship, especially the one that played against the Rams. Brady benefits from all that, he does take care of the ball, but a number of QB's come to mind who could have won with the Pats. The signing bonus thing is funny, but there's a reason they're being careful. The year after they won their first SB, they came out passing the next year, and didn't get back to the big dance. They can't jump on Brady's shoulders and expect to win. They lose their D, you want see the 2nd coming of D. Marino.

MDFINFAN said:
The money offered Brady is where Brady is in his development, he's not the best QB out there, he's on a team that has talent everywhere, especially the D, which has won all the Championship, especially the one that played against the Rams. Brady benefits from all that, he does take care of the ball, but a number of QB's come to mind who could have won with the Pats. The signing bonus thing is funny, but there's a reason they're being careful. The year after they won their first SB, they came out passing the next year, and didn't get back to the big dance. They can't jump on Brady's shoulders and expect to win. They lose their D, you want see the 2nd coming of D. Marino.
I disagree. They have talent all around because their coach brings it out of them. BB has proven that if role players do their role than everyting falls into place. They were practically playing their rookies cb's all throughtout the playoffs an never missed a heartbeat. That just proves you don't need expensive players. All you need is a coach who can put them in situations to look like probowlers. They didn't have half the talent the fins had when they firrst won the sb.

Justasportsfan said:
I disagree. They have talent all around because their coach brings it out of them. BB has proven that if role players do their role than everyting falls into place. They were practically playing their rookies cb's all throughtout the playoffs an never missed a heartbeat. That just proves you don't need expensive players. All you need is a coach who can put them in situations to look like probowlers. They didn't have half the talent the fins had when they firrst won the sb.

That goes with Brady also, you don't see him leading any stats amoung QB's. The team is well coached. Brady hasn't had to put the team on his shoulders, by the same token he's a good QB, who runs that system very well. But I don't see Brady at the Patton M. type money. Someone in this thread call him the best QB or player in the NFL. I highly disagree. I like Brady, but he's makes stupid mistakes when under pressure too, that's why Miami was able to beat them this past year. His OL gives him plenty of time to look good, and to his credit, he takes advantage of that very nicely.

MDFINFAN said:
That goes with Brady also, you don't see him leading any stats amoung QB's. The team is well coached. Brady hasn't had to put the team on his shoulders, by the same token he's a good QB, who runs that system very well. But I don't see Brady at the Patton M. type money. Someone in this thread call him the best QB or player in the NFL. I highly disagree. I like Brady, but he's makes stupid mistakes when under pressure too, that's why Miami was able to beat them this past year. His OL gives him plenty of time to look good, and to his credit, he takes advantage of that very nicely.
Brady does what is asked of him and a little bit more. I agree he's no P. Manning. He doesn't have to be. He has the rest of his teammates who are put in a situation to help Brady make plays. I mean, Brown was made into a decent 3 rd cb. ???? :eek: Who would've thought? BB could've made Fiedler a better qb than he ever was w/ the fins. THe a$$ shodoul've kept Drew though :yell:

Back
Top Bottom