Pats are cheap | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats are cheap

Does that include his check for being O-coordinator? :roflmao:

I love that BB isn't hiring a new coordinator. Should work out for them about as well as Forrerster did for us :D

sn9ke.eyes said:
How much interest can Rob Kraft earn on those millions if they wait a few years to pay him ?
For a guy worth close to a billion dollars, the interest on a two year deferrment of $10 million is negligible.

They're doing this for cap reasons.

Their cap is fine. It's about the owner making money off the millions and then saving if they choose to cut Brady later in the contract.
So, you think the Patriots are sitting around their offices saying, "Gee, I'm not sure this Brady kid is gonna work out. Better not guarantee him too much money in case we have to cut him in two years"???

If you divide say a $20 million bonus over the 6 years, it doesn't make that huge of a difference vs. this way.
It's about a $2.1 million difference in the first year. That's significant.

he's not the best QB out there, he's on a team that has talent everywhere, especially the D, which has won all the Championship, especially the one that played against the Rams.
1. There isn't another QB in the league I'd rather have than Tom Brady. And that includes Peyton Manning.

2. Did the defense win the SB against the Panthers? Somehow, I don't remember it that way.

The year after they won their first SB, they came out passing the next year, and didn't get back to the big dance. They can't jump on Brady's shoulders and expect to win.
You mean the year Brady led the NFL in touchdown passes? The same year the Patriots' defense couldn't stop 11 people in this chat room from running the ball? That year?

I like Brady, but he's makes stupid mistakes when under pressure too, that's why Miami was able to beat them this past year.
Every QB makes stupid mistakes under pressure at times. Brady makes less of them than virtually any QB in the league.

Brady does what is asked of him and a little bit more. I agree he's no P. Manning. He doesn't have to be.
And furthermore, the Patriots don't WANT him to be Peyton Manning.

Gator Mike said:
For a guy worth close to a billion dollars, the interest on a two year deferrment of $10 million is negligible.

They're doing this for cap reasons.

So, you think the Patriots are sitting around their offices saying, "Gee, I'm not sure this Brady kid is gonna work out. Better not guarantee him too much money in case we have to cut him in two years"???

It's about a $2.1 million difference in the first year. That's significant.

1.) I figured at least $1.6 million on an 8% return. That's not negligible.

2.) Bad injuries always happen. Sometimes the player recovers, sometimes he doesn't.

All I'm saying is that it's wrong to call Brady greedy but give the Pats a pass. It's a business on both ends.

Back
Top Bottom