Pats are cheap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats are cheap

kingfin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Tom Brady turned down a 6 year 60 milion dollar contract.Read this in the Pats threads.A.J feeley for Tom Brady....lol

The reason the Brady hasn't signed the deal is because of the Signing bonus! From what I have heard the Pats want to make it in 4 payments to him! The first two in the first two years, but the other two payments wouldn't be guarantied! Which is really strange! I guess they agree on the years and the money but to try and stiff him on the signing bonus doesn't make sence to me! Don't worry, I don't see any chance of them not getting a deal done before the start of the season!

They are cheap but you have to be with the salary cap if you want to keep your stars. They will get a deal worked before the end of the season at least I think, Bellicheck knows you can't win without a good QB at the helm.

Dolfan2788 said:
They are cheap but you have to be with the salary cap if you want to keep your stars. They will get a deal worked before the end of the season at least I think, Bellicheck knows you can't win without a good QB at the helm.

Yea I think they'll get it done also! Just seems weird to me they would hagel with him over the signing bonus! Specailly for a guy that has won them 3 superbowls and won 2 SB MVP's! I'm sure it's just a minor snag!

You must understand that Tom Brady is at the top of his game. When you're at the top, there is only one place to go and that is down. The Pats want to make sure that if he begins to falter that they can get rid of him without a big cap hit (pretty smart). Let's think about our situation with Surtain!

NHDOLFAN said:
You must understand that Tom Brady is at the top of his game. When you're at the top, there is only one place to go and that is down. The Pats want to make sure that if he begins to falter that they can get rid of him without a big cap hit (pretty smart). Let's think about our situation with Surtain!

I thought the signing bonus didn't effect the cap though? That's why I find it funny that they agreed to years and money but not on the bonus! I could be wrong (and probably am) but I thought that's how it worked!

The patriots know what they're doing, very very smart front office.

I hope the Patriots outsmart themselves this time.

Brady is 28 (barely in his prime), has three rings and 2 Super Bowl MVP's. In my opinion he is the best player in the league and they are lowballing him.

The Patriots are the smartest team in football but in this situation I think they have to suck it up and give him the signing bonus....it would not break my heart though to see this situation get really ugly...:evil:

Fitz said:
The patriots know what they're doing, very very smart front office.

Yea, if you consider potentially alienating their best player on the team....then they know what they're doing. :shakeno:

He has come out and said he's not looking for Peyton/Vick money (which he deserves) and yet they offer him a mutiple tiered bonus which many would consider a slap in the face.

Regardless of finances, he has earned financial security and should have all of the bonus up front. NE is trying to set a dangerous precendent (which they consider to be fiscally responsible) which can completely backfire and potentially lose their QB.

I hope it gets dirty. Losing Brady would be one more step for the Dolphins. Anything that causes trouble between NE's players and FO pleasures me more than a big juicy medium rare steak, a couple of pints of ale, and an after dinner Swedish massage.

I think when it's all said and done, Brady will get the money because everything works out the Pats:cry:.

Corey Dillon won't stay happy forever on this team. wait for him to say something stupid for this team. And i can imagine some other players on the team getting a little pissed off if tom brady gets such a huge contract.

Back
Top Bottom