Pats cut A.J Edds | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats cut A.J Edds

Edds was one of the most overhyped Dolphins of all time. I could never understand why everyone thought he was going to be a star. Every report I read about him in college pointed to an average player at best, but a bunch of posters here thought different. I started to hope that these people were right, but then he got on the field and looked average against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

nope. henne gone. sparano gone. ireland gone. every player due for a contract gone. and any player deemed slowed by injury never to make a return.

quit already. suck for luck.

Edds was one of the most overhyped Dolphins of all time. I could never understand why everyone thought he was going to be a star. Every report I read about him in college pointed to an average player at best, but a bunch of posters here thought different. I started to hope that these people were right, but then he got on the field and looked average against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Regardless that he was cut I would resign him over tunsik and its not like our starting ILB are covering the tight ends that well these days.

nope. henne gone. sparano gone. ireland gone. every player due for a contract gone. and any player deemed slowed by injury never to make a return.

quit already. suck for luck.

You want to win you do it with the players you have right now and draft better ones laters all the winning coaches know this they do not rebuild just reload.

N.E just cut former fins A.J Edds should we pick him up with Dansby hurting?

I guess he goes down as another wasted pick by Ireland. If the Pats couldn't use him, then he really was a waste.

who doesnt these posters overrate? lol

ahahahahahhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. omg! the hand wringing and rending of garments that went on in this forum over cutting this guy! un-frickin-believable. "omg, they cut edds! omg, what are they thinking, he was a vaunted 4th round pick who led the team in tackles in the 4th quarter of preseason games! omg, the pats signed him to their 53 man roster. of course! fins know nothing, pats know everything, and this kid is going to be a star for them now!"

ahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That honor belongs to Kory Sheets and Donald Thomas..

Fans get so excited after a draft, we watch highlights of players and think wow this guy can do this for us on every given play...He was drafted where he was drafted for a reason..That being said, you know that organizations have to make tough choices on who gets cut and who stays..Sometimes its about who can help the team right now, not who can be great in the future. There have been plenty of moves that seem all the more quesitonable 2 to 3 years down the line. Say for example Wes Welker. He came to Miami via waivers. Now look at him.

Fans get so excited after a draft, we watch highlights of players and think wow this guy can do this for us on every given play...He was drafted where he was drafted for a reason..That being said, you know that organizations have to make tough choices on who gets cut and who stays..Sometimes its about who can help the team right now, not who can be great in the future. There have been plenty of moves that seem all the more quesitonable 2 to 3 years down the line. Say for example Wes Welker. He came to Miami via waivers. Now look at him.

This is the reason why people were so upset about Edds and Kearse being cut. We absolutely suck at developing young talent. Having this problem causes the FO to be very short sighted. We have no NT to develop on our roster. Good teams have a backup plan and we do not. (Starks to NT is not a viable plan). Edds was cut too soon when we have other BUMS on our roster that are not even active on gameday. Why not cut them? IKE or Trusnik can go if they like Spitler so much. Edds looked like he had enough tools to develop in our system.

Back
Top Bottom