Pats lose out; Phins win out. What happens? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats lose out; Phins win out. What happens?

I seriously doubt the Patriots lose out, but their division record would be better regardless. Man I just want us to keep winning.

finfan01 said:
Yea....division losses killed us in the beginning...and it makes you think..........wins against buffalo and houston.....makes playoffs a lot more realistic

I agree. I think we all knew in our heart of hearts that the loss to the texans would bite us in the a$$ and it has. That's the one loss I can't get over. We could have had the first game against the pats, the jets and the bills but the f****** Texans loss killed us. That's the one that closed the door on us.

You know its funny, I remember throughout the late 90's and even through 2002 everyone would talk about how the fins can't finish. "they're the worst team in december" all the sportscasters would day. Now under Saban its the exact opposite. We can't start seasons and its killing us. Next year I want a 4-0 start!

BandarBush said:
I agree. I think we all knew in our heart of hearts that the loss to the texans would bite us in the a$$ and it has. That's the one loss I can't get over. We could have had the first game against the pats, the jets and the bills but the f****** Texans loss killed us. That's the one that closed the door on us.

You know its funny, I remember throughout the late 90's and even through 2002 everyone would talk about how the fins can't finish. "they're the worst team in december" all the sportscasters would day. Now under Saban its the exact opposite. We can't start seasons and its killing us. Next year I want a 4-0 start!

I say we send a hitman out for Keith Adams . . . how he doesn't recover that onside kick still bothers me. No question I think wemarch down the field if he just holds on to the ball. LOL that was the infamous Ronnie 2pt conversion run/pass option game. Ughhhhhhhh

This is the complete tiebreaker procedure fron nfl.com

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

PASQUALE said:
They are wrong

As mentioned in this thread the NFL has an ordered list of tiebreakers.

If both us and the Pats finish 9-7 then:
1. head to head. We split so this doesnt apply. Move to next tiebreaker
2. Div. Record. The worst the Pats could finish is 4-2. The best we can finish is 3-3. Pats win the division.

Kdawg954 said:
I say we send a hitman out for Keith Adams . . . how he doesn't recover that onside kick still bothers me. No question I think wemarch down the field if he just holds on to the ball. LOL that was the infamous Ronnie 2pt conversion run/pass option game. Ughhhhhhhh
lol. Yeah, that game was a nightmare.

yankeehillbilly said:
They are wrong

As mentioned in this thread the NFL has an ordered list of tiebreakers.

If both us and the Pats finish 9-7 then:
1. head to head. We split so this doesnt apply. Move to next tiebreaker
2. Div. Record. The worst the Pats could finish is 4-2. The best we can finish is 3-3. Pats win the division.
this is correct. Had we won the first game against the pats (and we should have) we would hold the tiebreaker over them but we are mathematically eliminated there. I think a Bengals win this week officially takes us out of the wild card (not that I've held out any hope for that). Maybe not. Maybe we would still be in the running for the 6 seed. Doesn't matter cause it aint happening.

Back
Top Bottom