Pats lose out; Phins win out. What happens? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats lose out; Phins win out. What happens?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Do the Phins win the division assuming the Jets and Bills finish below 9-7?

The Pats have the Jags and Titans on the road.. Those could very well be losses.. Now, if only they have a stinker this week against the Texans, there is still a CHANCE that the Pats could lose out and finish 9-7...

Yea....division losses killed us in the beginning...and it makes you think..........wins against buffalo and houston.....makes playoffs a lot more realistic

Dammit, you are right.. if thats the first tie breaker.. :(

Oh well.. Damn Bills getting swept.

they have the better divisional record because If i'm correct... we're the only one in our division that has given them a loss. Could be wrong.

malzj said:
they have the better divisional record because If i'm correct... we're the only one in our division that has given them a loss. Could be wrong.

Jets beat them.. Billy Goats got swept.. :shakeno:

SkapePhin said:
Dammit, you are right.. if thats the first tie breaker.. :(

Oh well.. Damn Bills getting swept.

If the Bills didnt get swept by them, they would be ahead of us in the WC race....but we would tie them this week...

last i checked the Bills could sweep US. so please, dont get ahead of ourselves here.

The Jets beat them too but they are all done in the division they have a 4-2 record the best we can hope for is 3-3 and that's if we beat the Bills and Jets, they also will finish 3-3

So, essentially regardless of what the Dolphins do someone else will win the AFC East. We have been mathematically eliminated from that possibility.

i dont get that...we beat the Patsies 21-0, so if the Pats lose out and we win out...we should automatically get ahead of them for shutting them out. and i always thought if 2 teams were tied, the tiebreaker goes to the team with the better "points allowed", and "points scored" numbers. guess not, but still..

MustangFinFan said:
i dont get that...we beat the Patsies 21-0, so if the Pats lose out and we win out...we should automatically get ahead of them for shutting them out. and i always thought if 2 teams were tied, the tiebreaker goes to the team with the better "points allowed", and "points scored" numbers. guess not, but still..
It goes the the better division record, if they are the same then it goes to the best conference record, if that is still tied, then it goes to head to head games, last would be point differential.

Back
Top Bottom