pats rebuilt and better than ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

pats rebuilt and better than ever

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Reaction score
Rebuilt Patriots might be even better [url="http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/sponsorships.nfl.com/fs/stories;arena=nfl;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Anonymous;cust=no;vip=no;sz=150x30;tile=5;ord=355051116400454?"]http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/sponsorships.nfl.com/fs/stories;arena=nfl;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Anonymous;cust=no;vip=no;sz=150x30;tile=5;ord=355051116400454?[/url]

clear.gif
By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com
Adam Schefter's commentaries can be seen on Tuesday night's NFL Total Access show on NFL Network. Schefter's around-the-league information reports air Mondays and Fridays.

(May 13, 2005) -- When the Patriots were figuring out where to display this year's Vince Lombardi Trophy, they should have begun clearing space for next year's, too.

NFL Network
Only the Patriots could lose coordinators Charlie Weis to Notre Dame, Romeo Crennel to Cleveland, cornerback Ty Law and wide receiver Troy Brown to salary-cap constraints, and linebacker Tedy Bruschi to a stroke ... and come out better.

But they are. Or at least they look like they are. They now look more improved than the medically enhanced Weis did after his tummy tuck.

The Patriots now have the former Chief Monty Beisel and the former Seahawk Chad Brown to help replace Bruschi at linebacker.

They now have the former Charger Tim Dwight and the former Bear David Terrell to help replace Brown at wide receiver.

Defending world champions shouldn't be allowed to add the talent the Patriots have this offseason. It almost seems unfair.

And it's not just those players who threaten to make this season's version of the Patriots even better than last season's. It's leftovers, which taste best of all in New England.

The Patriots now have last year's first-round draft pick Ben Watson, who missed all but the first game of last season, coming back from a knee injury.

They have linebacker Rosevelt Colvin nearly back from his injury and to the form that made him the NFL's top free agent a mere two off-seasons ago.

They have wide receiver David Givens and defensive linemen Jarvis Green headed into the final year of their contracts, when heightened production becomes all but guaranteed.

And they have Tom Brady, signed, sealed and delivered through the prime years of his career.

As if they could be any more prime than the past four already have been.

But with these Patriots -- to the disappointment of teams in Indianapolis and beyond -- they can.

These Patriots aren't just good. They're better.

david terrel and tim dwight better than troy brown?....im going to have to disagree

I admire what the Pats have done but it's ludicrous to think they are better. They have lost too much. Can they be great still? yeah but they have talen a step back.

Chad Brown hasn't been a good player in years and he's always hurt now, to think he can replcae the heart and soul of your D is pure comedy.

The Pats needed to do a lot somehow to replace Charlie Weis and Crennel...

When you have a staff that stays together for that long (never happened in the NFL in recent years like it did in NE), you'll have some success...

this is the first year that they will be gone... not one coordinator, but both...

A contender? yes....a sure shot...far from it.

I'd also like to add that the pats won their rings with players that were just above average talent. Players like Randall Gay, Earth-wind Moreland, and Asante Samuel (love the guy cause he's a UCF alum), wont play as well as they have without good coaching. Having different coaches is gonna set these players back a bit, as well as the entire defense.

u guys keep thinking that but the bottom line is mangini has been in the pats system for 10 years, hes back, and bill b has help from 3 other asst coaches and the basic system isnt changing that much, they will add a few things ofcourse....

So the Pats won't miss Crennel and Weis? I know they also downgraded in several areas on the offensive side of the ball as well. Will they be good, yeah, will they be the class of the East? TBD.

patsdynasty said:
u guys keep thinking that but the bottom line is mangini has been in the pats system for 10 years, hes back, and bill b has help from 3 other asst coaches and the basic system isnt changing that much, they will add a few things ofcourse....

I think Mangini will be fine but they have less talent and losing Weis is bigger than losing Crennell. They not only lost some coaches but also leaders. They will still be one of the best but they will not be as good as they have been. There is no way they don't take at least a small step back.

Its kind of funny to see these writers still on the Pats bandwagon :lol:

I am sure that if the Pats lost every coach they had, people still think they will win it all. I just cant wait until this season for people to finally get off the pats bandwagon...when they wont win the SB this year.

PhinDude88 said:
Its kind of funny to see these qriters still on the Pats bandwagon :lol:

I am sure that if the Pats lost every coach they had, people still think they will win it all. I just cant wait until this season for people to finally get off the pats bandwagon...when they wont win the SB this year.

They do have some credibility built up, don't they? I can take this b/c they have earned it. What annoys me is every year we hear how Denver is going to be a SB contender and if they make the playoffs they get roasted in the WC rd or prior to last year how EVERY season we heard how Miami was a SB favorite yet the last time they were even close to a SB was 1992. The pats deserve all the praise they get, I hope it stops soon but for now they have earned it.

Hey Patsdynasty, is it true that Doug Flutie will be your alls new OC? There is a rumor saying that he is, and i want to know if you heard anything about this?

GrnMtnMan said:
So the Pats won't miss Crennel and Weis? I know they also downgraded in several areas on the offensive side of the ball as well. Will they be good, yeah, will they be the class of the East? TBD.

Weis from a play calling stand point might be missed then again he might not coaches dont make and plays on the field and as far as a loss of talent on the offensive side of the ball we have lost one starter Joe Andruzi and a couple wide outs that were not starting, I love what Troy Brown brought to the table but he will not missed on the offensive side of the ball if he dosent return, David Patten again was a good in certain situations but with Givens and Branch starting and having Tim Dwight, David Terrell, Bethel Johnson and PK Sam who may or may not make the team depending if he has changed his ways I feel confident in our offensive receivers and with Dillion, Faulk and Credric Cobbs who I except to see a lot of good things this year from I do not expect a drop off in offensive production.

Back
Top Bottom