Pats sign Antuan Edwards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats sign Antuan Edwards

I actually likes Antuan Edwards..... I hope he doesnt come back to kill us. His downfall IMO was he didnt have the greatest hands.... he wasnt an INT guy.

Antuan was a run stopping S and more of a chase your *** down kinda guy hes not a TO player

As long as AJ throws the ball his way he wont have to worry about getting intercepted.

JohnDolphin73 said:
I forgot, why did we release him?
If memory serves me correctly, Bates let him go quite soon after he took over as interim head coach. I seem to remember his release had to do with work ethic.

late again said:
If memory serves me correctly, Bates let him go quite soon after he took over as interim head coach. I seem to remember his release had to do with work ethic.

Well, you know that if thats the case, Belichick is not having any of that foolishness

Philter25 said:
I actually likes Antuan Edwards..... I hope he doesnt come back to kill us. His downfall IMO was he didnt have the greatest hands.... he wasnt an INT guy.

This sounds like Tebucky Jones!

I just think Bates didn't like him and he wanted to give someone else a shot at the spot so instead of benching him and causing more turmoil in the dressing room he cut him

Bates had loyalty to Freeman, he didn't agree with him being moved behind edwards. He was cut within 48 hours of bates taking over.

I liked Antuan Edwards too and I think he did a pretty good job than most people give him credit for. I'm not sure why Bates didn't like his "work ethic" and wanted to release him too. Yeah he didn't have the greatest hands but I think he did a servicable job while he was here with us and was just as good as Aturo Freeman if not better except for not having the greatest hands. I agree Bates was definitely more loyal for Freeman and I'm guessing that's why he released Edwards so quickly while he took over as interim Head Coach.

He wanted Yeremiah Bell on the Field more and Edwards was the one to go. He dropped every ball that came his way.

Back
Top Bottom