Pats Trade for Ted Washington!! (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats Trade for Ted Washington!! (merged)

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Pats Trade for Ted Washington!!

Many people have agreed that the Pats don't have a big enough man in the middle to play the 3-4 defense. That may be over as they traded a 4th round draft choice to Chicago for Ted Washington. If he does fully recover from his injury this could be scary but he is 35 years old and 360 pounds which must be tough on those old legs.

They also signed guard Corbin Lacina.

LINKAGE

Washington aquisition = oh sh*t!!

I **** the bed when I saw this one.

Looks like collecting draft picks pays off!

Heh, they've still got two #1's and two #2's for next year. :eek:

Not good....hopefully Ricky can still dominate.

A line with Seymour, Washington, and Ty Warren/Bobby Hamilton is gonna be STOUT.

we'll see if Washington has anything left and particularly enough left to play NT instead of DT. Has he ever played NT ?

damnit...goddamn the Pats to hell!...man this defense is gonna be sick...and Lacina is a good guard too.:mad:

Man, that is a good trade for the Pats. However, I don't know if Washington can last a full season, but for a fourth round pick, it is worth the risk.

I have to admit, this looks like a good move for the patsies.

Originally posted by dolphan39
we'll see if Washington has anything left and particularly enough left to play NT instead of DT. Has he ever played NT ?

Playing NT in the Bills 3-4 is what "made him".

Originally posted by Muck

Playing NT in the Bills 3-4 is what "made him".

and that defense was #1 in 1999 in large part because of his play upfront...him and Big Pat totally shutdown the run

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

and that defense was #1 in 1999 in large part because of his play upfront...him and Big Pat totally shutdown the run
so Pat Williams was a DE w/ B Smith as the starters ? or was Hansen and Smith starting DE and Pat subbed in ?

Originally posted by dolphan39
so Pat Williams was a DE w/ B Smith as the starters ? or was Hansen and Smith starting DE and Pat subbed in ?
yeah, thanx for the correction, I believe he subbed in...but that made him too...he was first recognized there...our de's wiley and smith i think:confused:

This Pats team is going to be good...I think they will be the Wild Card (behind us as we win Division ;) ). Good talent on Defense...it lies on Brady's shoulder (since they have no running game) if they make playoffs or not.

Back
Top Bottom