Pats Trade for Ted Washington!! (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats Trade for Ted Washington!! (merged)

It's a good move on paper. The Pats are really close and they can smell it. I'd like to see us step up and trade for another LB for some depth...that position really scares me. We're as close to it as the Pats we just need to step up!

Yes, Pat Williams and Ted Washington never "teamed up". Washington was the starter and Williams his backup. :) Smith and Hanson were the ends.

its a great move for the patsies.
teddy w is a run destroyer.
i do think that a fourth is too much for him, but since they have three or four fourths next year it's ok.

thank god mawae has dominated tedd w in the past.

looks like feidler is going to be forced to pass against law and miloy.

that should be very funny to watch.

youve got to be kidding right? if he is 360 pds, you are all off your rocker! :lol: :lol: excuse me, im laughing again. i cant stop.:lol: :lol: ted washington will not be a factor, why do you think chicago got rid of him? :lol: im laughing again. im sorry. 360 lbs. yeah im worried about this guy making an impact. ricky will blow right past him and wear him down to nothing in no time.

yeah, forget ted washinton, he is old fat and OL usually dont last that long after 35 years old.. The Dolphins will have to concentrate on brady if they dont have a running game(pats).. and with our DB's and linebackers, i think it will be easy to stop the run and brady, look at last year during the home game in miami agaisnt them.. we stopped both and we got an easy win, without sammmy knight or seau or even buckley

Washington to Patriots!

Check this out, Pats just got stronger:

By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The Patriots and Dolphins have played a game of trying to top each other throughout the offseason. The Patriots signed sackmaster linebacker Rosevelt Colvin. The Dolphins traded for Dolphins linebacker Junior Seau.

Tuesday's trade for Bears defensive tackle Ted Washington might be the deal that could put the Patriots over the top. For a fourth-round choice next season, the Patriots acquired the missing piece to their 3-4 defense, an immovable 375-pound defensive tackle who will draw double-team blocking.

For the Bears, it was a move to free up playing time for younger defensive tackles such Ernest Grant and Alfonso Boone. For the Patriots, this trade made them a potentially dominating 3-4.

From the ends, the Patriots can attack with powerful young defensive linemen Richard Seymour and Ty Warren, two former tackles who have decent quickness. Washington moves ahead of Rick Lyle and promising young nose tackle Jarvis Green as the run-stopper and space eater.

Washington needed a little salesmanship, though, to accept the trade. A 12-year veteran with a solid bank account, Washington initially was reluctant to accept going to the Patriots in a trade. The Patriots had to call him and tell him their role, and once that happened, he accepted the proposal and will report.

This will be Washington's fourth team, but he's been a part of taking three different franchises to the playoffs -- San Francisco, Buffalo and Chicago. Washington has been to the playoffs in seven of his 12 years.

This is a desperation move by the Patriots. Washington is the kind of NT NE fans swore up and down Belicheck didnt want. They wanted a smaller, stout atheletic guy. Belicheck finally sucked it up and realized his guys werent doing it, so he picked up someone that was expendable.

You've got to wonder how the Bears look at Washington, since the guy who will likely replace him isnt that good and will be suspended for 4 games.

Btw, again, ironic how a 34 year old linebacker hurt last season is "done", and the Dolphins are stupid for making a luxury pickup on an already top notch D, when the Patriots go and pick up a 35 year old, overweight NT in a panic move.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
This is a desperation move by the Patriots. Washington is the kind of NT NE fans swore up and down Belicheck didnt want. They wanted a smaller, stout atheletic guy. Belicheck finally sucked it up and realized his guys werent doing it, so he picked up someone that was expendable.

You've got to wonder how the Bears look at Washington, since the guy who will likely replace him isnt that good and will be suspended for 4 games.

Btw, again, ironic how a 34 year old linebacker hurt last season is "done", and the Dolphins are stupid for making a luxury pickup on an already top notch D, when the Patriots go and pick up a 35 year old, overweight NT in a panic move.

If he was signed by the Dolphins he'd be a probowler

Back
Top Bottom