Pats Vs. Broncos | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats Vs. Broncos

Uncle Rico II said:
I noticed toward the end of the game the CBS crew sounded more like they were at a funeral. Now Bruce Jaccobs is on his radio complaining that the pats lost because of the calls. The phone calls he is is getting are hilarious. I hate the Broncos with a passion but couldn't help rooting for them from the opening kickoff. It was nice to see the pats finally lose.

Lost because of the calls? He must be insane. I only know of one that is questionable (maybe two if you potentially think the field goal should have been a false start). Everythign else was legit, even the interception return (nobody could prove whether that was out at the one or through the end zone.

Yeah of course they'd complain about the calls. They didn't all go the Patsies way for once. Something we all know they aren't very used to. Watching the Patriots lose tonight was a real treat.

Flying Pencil said:
"[Winning Team] may be the best team in football! They've been tremendous all year! Look how [Winning Team] runs the ball right here [Show the One Millisecond When All Blockers Were Engaged]: hat-on-a-hat, I love it! To the . . . hizzy!"

"And, hey, you think you can just [Defensive Counter to Previous Play]? Well, think again! Not so fast my friend! If you try to [Defensive Counter to Previous Play], [Winning Team] will just [Activity That I Criticized Them for in the Last Game That They Lost (Possibly, Just Last Week)]. [Winning Team] just looks unstoppable, guys. They've been on a roll, and it should continue into next week. Mark it down: [Winning Team] is going to the Super Bowl."

"[Losing Team That I Picked Before the Game (Because "They've Been on a Roll")] never had a chance, guys. If [Losing Team That I Picked Before the Game] ever wants to be a contender, they have to learn how to [Activity That I Praised Them for in the Last Game That They Won (Usually, Just Last Week)]. You can't win in the NFL if you don't [Activity That I Praised Them for in the Last Game That They Won (Usually, Just Last Week)]."

Wow. Salisbury to a T! :lol:

RobFins2005 said:
Lost because of the calls? He must be insane. I only know of one that is questionable (maybe two if you potentially think the field goal should have been a false start). Everythign else was legit, even the interception return (nobody could prove whether that was out at the one or through the end zone.

we lost because of the turnovers. but that lousy interference call did give them a td.

MKeveny said:
we lost because of the turnovers. but that lousy interference call did give them a td.

Hey, this whole run for the Pats started on a bad call (tuck rule) it's only fitting it ends on one. You know what they say, good teams never allow themselves to be affected by bad calls. I agree on the turnovers' though. I was wondering why there weren't any reporters who asked Belly why he brought a COLD punt returner into the game at such a crucial moment. Anyway, the Pats are a bunch of sore sports, yelling at officials, pushing and shoving after plays, Belly throwing stuff, and pushing and shoving each other on the sidelines. My wife, an avid Pats fan, agreed with me when I said it too. That game was beautiful!!

Mr. Reality said:
Hey, this whole run for the Pats started on a bad call (tuck rule) it's only fitting it ends on one. You know what they say, good teams never allow themselves to be affected by bad calls. I agree on the turnovers' though. I was wondering why there weren't any reporters who asked Belly why he brought a COLD punt returner into the game at such a crucial moment. Anyway, the Pats are a bunch of sore sports, yelling at officials, pushing and shoving after plays, Belly throwing stuff, and pushing and shoving each other on the sidelines. My wife, an avid Pats fan, agreed with me when I said it too. That game was beautiful!!

im done defending my pats today, wait till the dolphins beat us in a meaningful game next year, then, and only then can you guys talk smack about us.

MKeveny said:
wait till the dolphins beat us in a meaningful game next year, then, and only then can you guys talk smack about us.

:sidelol:

Buh-bye

MKeveny said:

In life like in sports: What goes around, comes around...

There was a whole lot of coming around for the Pats tonight...

FrankP said:
In life like in sports: What goes around, comes around...

There was a whole lot of coming around for the Pats tonight...

Oh, they've got a WHOLE LOT MORE coming to them. That one game, one call, doesn't balance the ledger, not even close. Patsies just came down to earth and didn't have every little thing break their way, for once.

it wasnt dumb luck that we lost^ if we played again today we would still probally lose. Were just not a good enough team to beat denver IN denver.

Phinzman said:
You're probably right...it was all an act so they can set us up for the big none call in the fourth,or the ghost holding call....:)

Or the famous tuck rule invented for the pats..

MKeveny said:
im done defending my pats today, wait till the dolphins beat us in a meaningful game next year, then, and only then can you guys talk smack about us.

Nah, I'd rather do it now. The Pats have dominated the NFL over the past 6 seasons but not the Dolphins. I believe our series is 6-6 since 2000.

Mr. Reality said:

I don't think MKeveney was loudly complaining about the bad call, just mentioning that it did set up a TD (and it did). Of course Denver may have scored on its own volition on that drive anyway, seeing as they had good field position. But we'll never know.

Back
Top Bottom