Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Browns & Fins lining up a deal if Elliot available at pick 8

I'm curious to see who's available at 8 and not at 13. Then we have to decide whether we'd rather have that player or Kiko and Maxwell. I suspect that in retrospect, a year or two downroad, many of us would prefer to have had this year's 8th pick if it came down to one or the other.

I don't want to trade a pick who we could get to draft the 1st or 2nd best guard in the draft, a guy who could start right away at a brutal position of need for us.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

I think a draft of Shaq Lawson and the 2nd best guard in the draft would be pretty F'n awesome, just for starters. Then, maybe get that Booker kid at RB in the 3rd?

I'm curious to see who's available at 8 and not at 13. Then we have to decide whether we'd rather have that player or Kiko and Maxwell. I suspect that in retrospect, a year or two downroad, many of us would prefer to have had this year's 8th pick if it came down to one or the other.

It's nice to make the call after the fact, but real world you have to take a shot and hope that it's the right one before its all played out.. But if one or both of our guys are solid starters we should be happy with that trade no matter whos at 8 (unless it was Ramsey lol).

Maybe, at the same time the 13 pick could end up the better player . . . Not to mention the impact of Maxwell and Kiko over that time. And I will continue to stress by trading for those guys you did not have to chase those positions in FA, conserving your compensatory selections in the process (potential 2017 third and fourth with Miller and Vernon).

Try looking at it from both angles instead of the most negative one.

I don't want to trade a pick who we could get to draft the 1st or 2nd best guard in the draft, a guy who could start right away at a brutal position of need for us.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

I think a draft of Shaq Lawson and the 2nd best guard in the draft would be pretty F'n awesome, just for starters. Then, maybe get that Booker kid at RB in the 3rd?
ha.. if we take a guard that early I'm done. won't be suprised though

In Tannebuam's mind hes already netted a starting CB and LB, in his mind hes brilliant.

He has. Those two may not be Pro Bowlers like you seem to expect every player to be, but they are better than anyone Miami currently has so it works for me.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

I rather a 5th this year, and a 4th next year.

That would work for me too but that isn't clearly enough for Cleveland to offer their 1st round pick in exchange.

Lets just hope he is drafted by Dallas. I wouldn't mind trading up for him and he turns out to be like Gurley and not Gordon. I was ok with trading back to 13 and picking up a CB and LB. Both needs, if healthy they can be solid starters. We can go back to the 8th and not give up the farm, I am sold. I am not sold on Elliot tho.

Elliot seems to be Mike Greenberg's favorite player, isn't that reason enough to not draft him?

Being serious now, if they are drafting a RB in the next couple days, my preferred scenario would be getting the best defensive player (seems the value at #13 will be on that side of the ball) available today and try to grab Kenneth Dixon tomorrow. I'm intrigued by an Dixon/Ajayi pairing, and when I consider the potential compensation, I prefer that type of tandem to just handing Elliot the ball 25 times.
I'm among those that sees Elliot as a clear first round talent, but not in the Gurley/AP best college talents I've ever seen type class.

It should also be noted that all of this anxiety regarding the running back position will likely be a moot point regardless of who's starting Week 1 if they don't figure out and improve the Offensive Line.

I absolutely love the prospect of Kenneth Dixon and think he would match up well with Ajayi. Very similar skill set to Lamar Miller.

You think the early 2nd is too early to draft the 1st or 2nd best guard in the whole draft? A guy who would instantly better than all but 3 of our offensive linemen?

Its easy to bash Tannebaum for trading out of the 8th than attempting to trade back into the 8th. On the contrary though I actually like this move. If the opportunity is at hand might as well take it. We acquired 2 quality starters by trading spots with Philly. Alonso & Maxwell are solid players that really shouldn't be overlooked. Who knew Browns would trade spots with Philly than not want the 8th either? Not me thats for sure. We give up a 4/5th round pick and one from 2017. All of a sudden back in the 8th spot. Run that Bruh. Elliot is a beast. Im no Ohio State fan but watch plenty of college ball. Might not give you lightning speed but he is overall very sound. He's already good and will continue to grow. Our backfield would be ridic with Zeke & Jay.

Not buying it for a second. I have a feeling the real deal is with the Chargers at 3, but only if and after two QBs are picked 1-2.

And I have a gut feeling Cameron Wake and another player, plus a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year are the Miami side of the deal.

Or Suh straight-up...

Not buying it for a second. I have a feeling the real deal is with the Chargers at 3, but only if and after two QBs are picked 1-2.

And I have a gut feeling Cameron Wake and another player, plus a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year are the Miami side of the deal.

Or Suh straight-up...

The Cap hit for Suh would be enormous. Not happening.

Back
Top Bottom