Pauline: Sources Fins Want Georgia Lb Smith At 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pauline: Sources Fins Want Georgia Lb Smith At 11

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
I LOVE hearing this, Smith is a stud & I like Vander Esch a lot. Would prefer to wait on a QB till 3rd or 4th rd.

“If the Miami Dolphins don’t move up for a quarterback, sources tell me the player they really want is Roquan Smith. But will Smith be available when the team is called to the clock? In our recent mock draft, we have the Oakland Raiders selecting Smith with the pick immediately preceding the Dolphins’ selection.

If that happens, I’m told linebacker Leighton Vander Esch will be a consideration for the Dolphins if they can’t get a quarterback and both Smith and Tremaine Edmunds are off the board”

http://draftanalyst.com/nfl-draft-news-notes-april-18

You know what you won't hear? Anyone reporting the name of the player they want the most. There is little surprise in thinking Miami would "love" a top rated player at a top need.

Nothing like a report about this possible scenario at 11, when we heard the same thing about Oakland at 10 yesterday. Who's next?

so reports are saying we have a new favorite player that we are targeting everyday..... 1 more week baby, please hurry. with the way there draft plays out, justtrade down and get LVE later

In their presser, T-Baum and Grier indicated the two biggest needs were linebacker and corner. That means it's not one of those in the first round. Probably either quarterback or defensive tackle. Then again, maybe they are telling the truth. Do we really know this time of year?

One thing is pretty clear with Miami. The needs are pretty obvious....LB, DT, TE, Backup QB, RB to complement Drake, FS. I could see the team jump for a shutdown corner too even though the team has talent there.

They probably ‘most covet’ the guy they think the next team that picks covets. Like Oakland is doing. Comprende?

I have not seen any mocks or anything even resembling Vander Esch as a #11 pick or even a top 15 pick

Me neither. Seems like that would be a reach to take him at #11.

Back
Top Bottom