PBP: Saban might switch the Fins D to a 3-4 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PBP: Saban might switch the Fins D to a 3-4

Just a couple of thoughts...first, if the 4-3 is a stat inflating defense couldn't that fact be brought to the negotiating table as a way to demean the stats the player/agent is trying to use?

And if the league is a copy cat league, and the teams that are having the most success, as of now, are the ones playing a 3-4....Couldn't we buck the trend before it even starts?

If a lot of teams switch to the 3-4, then less teams will be looking for the types of players we need, and those players will have no choice but to play at a cheaper rate.

I don't want the Dolphins to be in the curve following the leader, I want the Dolphins to BE the leader and I think the only way to do that is to recognize what's happening and then make the next move.

inFINSible said:
Just a couple of thoughts...first, if the 4-3 is a stat inflating defense couldn't that fact be brought to the negotiating table as a way to demean the stats the player/agent is trying to use?

And if the league is a copy cat league, and the teams that are having the most success, as of now, are the ones playing a 3-4....Couldn't we buck the trend before it even starts?

If a lot of teams switch to the 3-4, then less teams will be looking for the types of players we need, and those players will have no choice but to play at a cheaper rate.

I don't want the Dolphins to be in the curve following the leader, I want the Dolphins to BE the leader and I think the only way to do that is to recognize what's happening and then make the next move.

Right.

Didn't Arnsparger invent the 3-4 while with the Dolphins? We were at the cutting edge of it then, in any case. Now we'd be competing for those big LB's and DE's.

Plus, would our DB's fit the scheme, with their press-coverage skills?

Back
Top Bottom