PC's Week 6 Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PC's Week 6 Picks

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
little self-indulged experiment, my apologies ahead of time... anyhoo, i'll try to give 3-4 picks (20 total units) a week and stay above 52.5%... and yes i'll submit them before kickoff, and document results... pass or fail...

2-2 last week, but +1 unit!. Still have a lot of work to do...
Season total: 8-10; -13 units

Week 6
Not much time to write tonight, so I'll make this quick.
1. St. Louis (+14) at Indy. Most books have this at just 13.5, but at least one major Vegas line is giving the Rams two full touchdowns. So find it at 14 to your benefit if you can. Holt being banged up is concerning, but this is a lot of points. (6u).
2. Jags (+3) at Pittsburgh. No Big Ben, which means Maddox goes behind what has been a shaky right side of Pitt's O-line lately. Perhaps no Ward either. Jags have the beef to slow hosts' running game. (6u).
3. Washington (+5.5) at Kansas City. Like the way Washington has been hanging in there. The O-line has really come around with Jansen back and Randy Thomas playing better. And that defense... good value here. (5u)
4. Jets (+3.5) at Buffalo. Vinny gives Jets a chance. Bills' offense is spotty, and I question their game-plan last week. More 46 D in store against Holcomb? Jets hang tight, if not win outright. (4u).

Week 5 review:
1. Dallas (+3) vs. Philly. Tough to do well on the road twice in a row in this league. The KC comeback really drained Philly. Cowboys 33, Cowboys 10. (6u). WIN
2. St. Louis/Seattle under (49.5) A track meet from the opening kickoff. Surprising, with three starting wideouts hurt, but ah well. (6u) LOSS
3. Carolina -2.5 at Arizona. A win, but it might be time to take Carolina down a half grade in my power rankings. No sacks yet for Peppers? Ouch. (5u). WIN
4. Chicago +3 at Cleveland. Bears collapse at the end, started by Benson fumble. There's talent here, and they're blowing it. Just awful. (3u). LOSS
Week: 2-2, +1u.

Week 4:
1. San Fran/Ariz. over (43.5). McCown showing the poise many expected of him LAST season. (6u). Cards 31, 49ers 14. WIN
2. Cowboys (+3.5) at Oakland. Cowboys really blew a lot of chances in that fourth quarter. (5u). Raiders 19, Cowboys 13. LOSS
3. Detroit/TB over (34): Was that a touchdown to Pollard?. (5u). Bucs 17, Lions 13. LOSS
4. Texans (+10) at Cincinnati. Gutsy performance, but Houston offense nearly cost this one. (4u). WIN
Week: 2-2. 0 units.

Week 3:
1. Cowboys -6 at San Francisco: Cowboys 34, 49ers 31. (7u). LOSS
Beginning to believe, based on the results, that the Dallas secondary is vasty overrated.
2. Giants +5.5 at San Diego: Chargers 45, Giants 23. (5u). LOSS
Stupid, stupid, stupid....
3. Jags +3 at Jets: (4u). WIN. Jags 26, Jets 20.
Jet fans: May day! May day! May day!
4. Patriots +3 at Pittsburgh: Patriots 23, Steelers 20. (4u). WIN
Angry World Champs getting a field goal against a team that hasn't been tested? Only multiple injuries in the Pats' secondary kept this from being a higher play.
Week: 2-2, -4u.

Week 2 review:
1. Jags +9 at Indy: (8u) Colts 10, Jags 3. WIN: Anyone agree Jacksonville got jobbed on that final pass play?
2. Giants/Saints over 43.5: (7u) Giants 27, Saints 10. LOSS: Lots of opportunities for the extra touchdown needed. Horn's pylon fumble hurt.
3. Arizona -1. (5u) Rams 17, Cards 12. LOSS: What is it about the Cardinals? They just never get it together.
Total: 1-2, -4u.

Week 1:
1. Ravens +3: (8u)... Colts 24, Ravens 7 LOSS
2. Giants (-2): (7u)... Giants 42, Cards 19 WIN
3. Packers/Lions over (46): (5u). Lions 17, Packers 3 LOSS
Total: 1-2, -6u..... tough week...

Carolina @ Detroit: Panthers +1. Carolina will win straight up.

Cleveland @ Baltimore: Cleveland +6. The Browns are good enough to win this game (and the Ravens bad enough to lose it), but since it's at Baltimore, I'll just go with the spread say it'll be close.

Houston @ Seattle: Seattle -9. Wyndom pointed it out earlier, Seattle has the best offense in the NFL right now. Houston has no offense. That should be good enough for at least a 10 point victory on Sunday night in Seattle.

Miami +4 at Tampa Bay - I know, homer pick. But I really likr Miami here. No Caddy, no Pittman. Miami D should be able to tee off on Griese and make him make mistakes. The Bucs have the disadvantage of being the first team to face the Williams/Brown backfield. Pick: Miami.

Carolina -2 at Detroit - This line is too low. Too many injuries for Detroit to overcome. Pick: Carolina.

Houston +9 at Seattle - Seattles offense is rolling right now despite the injuries at wideout spot. I don't think the Texans will have an answer for the heavy dose of Shaun Alexander they will recieve. Houston offense just won'y be able to keep up to a Seahawks tema that is usually tough at home. Pick: Seattle.

San Diego -3 at Oakland - I see alot of people picking the Raiders here. But they are giving up 370 yards a game on defense. Tomlinson, Gates and Brees will have a field day. San Diego must win this game to stay close in the AFC West. Pick: San Diego.

Back
Top Bottom