Peac ock Playoff Game | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peac ock Playoff Game

Yes they do. I hope enough people don't watch so that I don't feel guilty for watching. Call me a hypocrite all you like but I'm not missing an NFL playoff game.
You're not alone. That is why there are dozens of "premium" channels collecting monthly subscriptions.

If you like that, then dont complain.

Gents.

It's FIVE ******* DOLLARS a month.

We spend that much at a sports bar on a beer.

I'll tell you this: I got rid of cable TV a few years back, after the cost started creeping up around $200 per month with Internet and random fees. I'll take plain old Internet, YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, and whatever services I feel like from month to month, and I'm still saving a ****-ton. I ditched HBO Max for a little bit, that saved me $15 per month. Same with Paramount Plus.

It's one playoff game. If you really want to watch it, either get the free trial or spend five dollars. Then have one less beer.

Gents.

I'll tell you this: I got rid of cable TV a few years back, after the cost started creeping up around $200 per month with Internet and random fees. I'll take plain old Internet, YouTube TV, Amazon Prime, and whatever services I feel like from month to month, and I'm still saving a ****-ton. I ditched HBO Max for a little bit, that saved me $15 per month. Same with Paramount Plus.

It's one playoff game. If you really want to watch it, either get the free trial or spend five dollars. Then have one less beer.

Last year it was an extra charge to watch Thursday games. This year it's an extra charge to watch a playoff game. What are we going to have to pay extra for next year? And the year after that?

Last year it was an extra charge to watch Thursday games. This year it's an extra charge to watch a playoff game. What are we going to have to pay extra for next year? And the year after that?

There are approximately as many (if not more) Amazon Prime subscribers as households in the United States.

Do you have Amazon Prime?

I mean, I'm actually surprised that cable is still able to charge so much and not only that, but passing broadcasting and other stupd ass fees onto the bill and people are still paying. It's crazy. The fees alone just for tv service on xfinity are 50+ dollars. That doesn't include the service. I have my digital TV antenna to get the local channels, and a miture of streaming which saves tons of money. The NFL knows that it's only a matter of time before cable is obsolete and most people are switching to streaming. So either way your paying. Or you don't pay and don't watch

There are approximately as many (if not more) Amazon Prime subscribers as households in the United States.

Do you have Amazon Prime?

I didn't until last year. That's the thing. I don't want to have to keep adding services each year to watch football. But that's what seems to be happening. Where does it go from here?

Gents.

So much this

It's a business. Noone is making us watch it. Want to watch? This is how. Want to not watch on streaming? Then go to the game or move to the location of one of the two teams. Or, you can just pay $5 for a month and then cancel it like I will.
I spent well over $100,000 going to Dolphin games home and away for over 40 years. So I have never had a problem spending money watching the Dolphins play. As far as the other teams in the league are concerned, I really have no interest in spending a penny to watch them play.

So I will watch the Dolphins, no matter the cost. I wouldn’t pay for any streaming service just to watch any of the other teams play. If they ever make the Super Bowl pay per view and the Dolphins aren’t in the game, I would just find something else to do during the game and read about it later.

I didn't until last year. That's the thing. I don't want to have to keep adding services each year to watch football. But that's what seems to be happening. Where does it go from here?

Did you get Amazon Prime just to watch Thursday night games?

Back
Top Bottom