Penalty rule you would change | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penalty rule you would change

Maybe we should get to start with a handicap and the other team should be penalized because we trot a little skinny boy our there at qb

When a team challenges and the call is overturned it doesn’t count as one of the two times a team can challenge.

Getting penalized for being right is crazy. WTF kind of logic is that?

Personal fouls on the QB. Mainly the one step to the QB rule. QBs are now putting up silly numbers as you basically can't touch them.

Automatic first down on defensive holding removed - straight 5 yard penalty and repeat down.
Contact should be allowed for 10 yards, not 5, by defence
WR prohibited from blocking on pass plays within 5 yards of LOS - can only block if there was a lateral. Get bloody WR screens out of the game or at least add some risk
Punters and kickers cannot kick from further than 5 yards behind LOS - blocked kicks were once a great part of the game, now they are almost a memory.

NFL is a joke completely in favour of the offence. We need more interceptions which have virtually vanished from the game. Obviously we need special teams, once a key part of the game, to be reborn.

Oh, and can we actually enforce offensive holding? Like, at all?

Pass interference in endzone should be 10 yards and automatic first down, and ball is not put at the 1 yard line.

In soccer there is a basic “law” that oversees penalties: a penalty should never create advantage for the team guilty of the infraction.

so if a team holds on offense they should not have down over.

if you commit a penalty under two minutes to burn the clock on your opponent time should be extended or put back on the clock.

there are many aspects of how games are officiated that needs to be reworked- issues of rule clarity creates inconsistencies within games and Comparing different games.

plus if qbs cannot have their head or face touched they should not be allowed to attack defenders’ heads...

so many rules are out dated and need to be reworked - including rules around fumbles - stupid rule took a TD away from Miami in NE game - who cares if the ball touched a player out of bounds - if the ball is in it should be a TD.

Change the onside kick back to how it used to be.

It's taken some of the excitement, and drama of the game when a team needs an on-sides kick.

It used to be tough to get an upsides kick, now it's almost impossible.

There are two rules changes I'd like to see.

I'd make pass interference reviewable. This is one penalty that costs teams games. Why not be able to take a second look?

I'd like to see defensive holding change. I don't think it should be an automatic first down.

I also think false starts should not stop the play. It could be a "free play" for the defense. I could see players jumping routes or free lancing on pass rushes if they knew the play would come back if the offense succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom