Penalty rule you would change | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penalty rule you would change

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I wish that all offensive holding calls would be 5 yards and not 10.
I think scoring would increase

I wish that all offensive holding calls would be 5 yards and not 10.
I think scoring would increase
Another rule to help the offense? It's barely legal to play defense as it is. The rule I would change is not exactly a rule in place now but one I would add. I think its ridiculous that a QB is allowed to simulate a slide or going out of bounds then turn it up for more yards knowing the defense has to avoid contact or it's another 15 yards. So I guess I would like to see QBs who cross the line of scrimmage either be treated as any other ball handler or in the very least if they simulate a slide or going out of bounds that the it be considered giving themselves up at the spot.

Move back goal poles five yards. Makes team go for more fourth down around 20s and 30s. Makes it a more exciting game.

Not pro related but for college football it absolutely kills me that pass interference is just a 15 yard penalty instead of a spot foul like in the pros. They literally coach DBs in college to grab if you know you're beat. You can throw a 50 yard pass in college and if called for PI it's only 15 yards from the original spot. It's absolutely ridiculous and should be a spot foul.

Not pro related but for college football it absolutely kills me that pass interference is just a 15 yard penalty instead of a spot foul like in the pros. They literally coach DBs in college to grab if you know you're beat. You can throw a 50 yard pass in college and if called for PI it's only 15 yards from the original spot. It's absolutely ridiculous and should be a spot foul.
Honestly what is the reason for most of the college rules to be different than the pros? I mean for sure let's go ahead and force receivers to get both feet in.

Honestly what is the reason for most of the college rules to be different than the pros? I mean for sure let's go ahead and force receivers to get both feet in.
That's a good one as well. Props to you bro. Definitely agree WRs should have to get both feet in.

Another rule to help the offense? It's barely legal to play defense as it is. The rule I would change is not exactly a rule in place now but one I would add. I think its ridiculous that a QB is allowed to simulate a slide or going out of bounds then turn it up for more yards knowing the defense has to avoid contact or it's another 15 yards. So I guess I would like to see QBs who cross the line of scrimmage either be treated as any other ball handler or in the very least if they simulate a slide or going out of bounds that the it be considered giving themselves up at the spot.
Also, I think it should be illegal to pretend to throw after handing off the ball, or let defenders hit the QB when they do this and all the other things they do to try and throw off defenders.

Back
Top Bottom