Penguin (Monster Year) Because Of Cheetah! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penguin (Monster Year) Because Of Cheetah!

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There is no need to mention that Waddle will have his best year (year two) because of the fact that Hill will constantly be double-teamed. Penguin will be wide open most of the time because of that fact. Comments?

Penguin_thumb.jpg

I’ll be shocked if waddle has more total yards/TDs than hill, but it’s not bc of talent. U got a top 2 paid WR and a guy on a rookie contract

Every video I’ve seen so far in 2 WR sets has Tyreek playing the Z and Waddle playing the X. Which is what I predicted bc waddle is a more physical and polished receiver so I’ve assumed they will have him do more dirty work than tyreek. Tyreek will be free in the backfield very often and will Probly get all kinds of manufactured touches.

In 11 personnel and such im sure both will be off the line often but 2 WRs run sets (big feature of the 9ers) I just envision Tyreek manning the Z. Waddles skill set suits the X better.

The tua bomb to Tyreek Tyreek was the flanker and motioned across them got downfield for the touchdown.

Anyways w/ the salary discrepancy and the fact waddle is better at getting off the line I think it equates to Tyreek out producing him. They gonna get their 120mil and 5 picks worth.

Both dudes are sick and can largely play interchangeably jusy think tyeeek is gonna get more manufactured touches and out flank opportunities.

I’ll be shocked if waddle has more total yards/TDs than hill, but it’s not bc of talent. U got a top 2 paid WR and a guy on a rookie contract

Every video I’ve seen so far in 2 WR sets has Tyreek playing the Z and Waddle playing the X. Which is what I predicted bc waddle is a more physical and polished receiver so I’ve assumed they will have him do more dirty work than tyreek. Tyreek will be free in the backfield very often and will Probly get all kinds of manufactured touches.

In 11 personnel and such im sure both will be off the line often but 2 WRs run sets (big feature of the 9ers) I just envision Tyreek manning the Z. Waddles skill set suits the X better.

The tua bomb to Tyreek Tyreek was the flanker and motioned across them got downfield for the touchdown.

Anyways w/ the salary discrepancy and the fact waddle is better at getting off the line I think it equates to Tyreek out producing him. They gonna get their 120mil and 5 picks worth.

Both dudes are sick and can largely play interchangeably jusy think tyeeek is gonna get more manufactured touches and out flank opportunities.
I seen an article today (I think Omar Kelly) saying waddle is playing alot of flanker so his yac will be better this year.

I seen an article today (I think Omar Kelly) saying waddle is playing alot of flanker so his yac will be better this year.

I’m sure he will be in 11 personnel and other passing sets. Him and Tyreek are pretty interchangeable in passing sets and spread personnel whether it be flanker slot h back u can get real creative there. My assumption at least. Guys like Wilson Ezuk can carry reps at X. Or if waddle/hill are on the line I’d bet it will be largely tight splits or bunch stuff.

i want wins dont care about personnal stats

I really doubt that we will see much man or press so I'm not sure what is meant by double coverage when opposing teams are playing cover two. McDs stated philosophy is to run the ball, forcing single high Safety. I mean teams can give Safety help deep, but true double coverage, by its nature, leaves some poor DB in single man and will be an invitation to get burned.

I think waddle will have more receptions and yards than Hill. Pick yoir poison on who to cover. Its a nice luxury to be in.
I think Waddle will have more receiving yards and Hill will have more total yards because they'll be using him in the running game as well.

Its still possible that Hill leads in receiving and Waddle has more yards than last season.

Our offense was absolutely abysmal last season. This cannot be understated. It was BAD. Waddle is just that good. He was Tua’s only reliable option most of the time.

Tua could very well throw for 4500 yards this season. That’s how much better this offense will be.

Double team in zone is common situationally. Often u will see cover 6 (combo coverage). They might run cover 2 on tyreeks side so that there is a Half field safety, a flat defender, and a hook/curl LB all playing toward Tyreek. The other side of the field will play a cover 3. So they have Tyreek bracketed without playing matching coverage on the other side of the field.

It’s a tough read for the QB too bc pre snap it can look like a variety of things, often cover 3. So if tua is looking for Tyreek on a 5 step drop/1 hitch and he reads cover 3 pre snap, but post snap he recognizes a bracketed coverage/flat defender on Tyreek he now has to work to the other side of the field. We’re gonna see it teams putting a high and a low defender on Tyreek/waddle

Last edited:
I really doubt that we will see much man or press so I'm not sure what is meant by double coverage when opposing teams are playing cover two. McDs stated philosophy is to run the ball, forcing single high Safety. I mean teams can give Safety help deep, but true double coverage, by its nature, leaves some poor DB in single man and will be an invitation to get burned.

Very much this. Once they get clicking, this is going to be awesome. "Pick your poison" is almost like an understatement.

Back
Top Bottom