Penn State: Punitive Measures announced Monday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penn State: Punitive Measures announced Monday

I think it's gonna be pretty stout and I'm interested to see what they get.

Whatever Penn State gets will be more than what we get in the end. This will be a good a good measuring stick for Miami.

I think it's gonna be pretty stout and I'm interested to see what they get.

Whatever Penn State gets will be more than what we get in the end. This will be a good a good measuring stick for Miami.
The Canes penalty will pale in comparison to what PSU will get. I would be surprised if the Canes got more then a few scholarships and a bowl game.

This could get interesting just because QB Christian Hackenberg's commitment is very much in play based on this decision, no matter what he or the press say.

This could get interesting just because QB Christian Hackenberg's commitment is very much in play based on this decision, no matter what he or the press say.
Lots of Sharks in the water outside State College.

This might sound cynical, but my first thought is this is just window dressing for the NCAA. Similar to when Rex Ryan and the Jets handed out a unprecendented(!!!) suspension of Braylon Edwards....in which Edwards was suspended for 15 minutes. Im willing to bet the NCAA will set up a huge press conference(raking in ratings) and act like suspending a few bowl games is a huge deal while Penn State oh so reluctantly argees with the enforcements. You know, before everyone goes back to their board rooms and laughs.

If they do hand out something even somewhat close to the death penalty, ill be stunned.

The Canes penalty will pale in comparison to what PSU will get. I would be surprised if the Canes got more then a few scholarships and a bowl game.

Agreed but it'll be interesting to see how WE handle this over the next few days. Before we self-imposed because we knew we had committed violations. We may self-impose this time to avoid serious sanctions from the NCAA in the future.

This might sound cynical, but my first thought is this is just window dressing for the NCAA. Similar to when Rex Ryan and the Jets handed out a unprecendented(!!!) suspension of Braylon Edwards....in which Edwards was suspended for 15 minutes. Im willing to bet the NCAA will set up a huge press conference(raking in ratings) and act like suspending a few bowl games is a huge deal while Penn State oh so reluctantly argees with the enforcements. You know, before everyone goes back to their board rooms and laughs.

If they do hand out something even somewhat close to the death penalty, ill be stunned.
I think the NCAA has put itself into a position that they have to hammer PSU.

I am starting to hear that it is now several sources indicating if given an option over what is coming and the death penalty, the choice PSU would make is the death penalty. I read 5 years of bowl bans and complete loss of scholarships. Of course we all know

Whatever the penalties are, they should include vacating all wins from 2001-2011.

As much as I don't agree with penalties as stiff as what's being rumored, they would have to allow players to transfer without penalty if they do that. If so, I hope some RBs, WRs, and O-lineman would be willing to come to Florida. We have a few extra scholarships to offer and desperately need some more muscle and firepower on offense.

I think a lot of the "reports" will prove to be BS. 2-year bowl ban and maybe a few dozen scholarship strippings stretched out over a few years is my guess. Not much worse than what USC got.

The death penalty is dead. People throw that term around so wantonly every time there is a scandal anymore. It's not happening. The NCAA even acknowledged it was excessive in SMU's case.

As much as I don't agree with penalties as stiff as what's being rumored, they would have to allow players to transfer without penalty if they do that. If so, I hope some RBs, WRs, and O-lineman would be willing to come to Florida. We have a few extra scholarships to offer and desperately need some more muscle and firepower on offense.

I think a lot of the "reports" will prove to be BS. 2-year bowl ban and maybe a few dozen scholarship strippings stretched out over a few years is my guess. Not much worse than what USC got.

The death penalty is dead. People throw that term around so wantonly every time there is a scandal anymore. It's not happening. The NCAA even acknowledged it was excessive in SMU's case.
There is no comparison to paying recruits or selling memorabilia or tatgate to enabling a pedophile to operate in your facilities and knowing what was going on. I disagree with how harsh the penalties could be if they go as indicated but I won't be surprised. Quite honestly I expect them to get hammered harder then any program ever has, with the exception of SMU.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it. I don't think they get the death penalty, but 3+ bowl bans, a **** ton of scholarships, and TV bans wouldn't surprise me. Been awhile since we've had a TV ban. That one would probably hurt the most. And of course probably fines as well.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it. I don't think they get the death penalty, but 3+ bowl bans, a **** ton of scholarships, and TV bans wouldn't surprise me. Been awhile since we've had a TV ban. That one would probably hurt the most. And of course probably fines as well.

TV bans hurt the whole conference. I doubt it will get that far.

Back
Top Bottom