Penn State: Punitive Measures announced Monday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penn State: Punitive Measures announced Monday

The Big Ten will kick Penn State out of the conference if they are banned from television. The BTN is to lucrative to allow a team that can't be televised to remain in the fold. They will be replaced by the 2013 season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who would replace them? Notre Dame?

For Notre Dame to be a serious consideration, you'd first have to enter into serious negotiations with them to enter.

Then, you'd have to listen to how great they are and how they deserve this and that from every other player in the conference.

This would take roughly 10 years to accomplish.

Yeah I sincerely doubt PSU's program will be shut down for an entire season. That takes away the 12th team that allows that conference to have a championship game. Vacate wins, ban them from the postseason, strip scholarships, allow the current players to transfer without having to sit out, whatever. Don't punish the whole conference. That's dumb.

That conference is hot garbage anyway.

But, there is no way that could be a legit report. If it is I will LOL HARD!!!!

Who would replace them? Notre Dame?

ND will never join a conference unless they are forced to. They already have their own TV deal and special treatment by the NCAA and BCS. Joining a conference would be a bad move for them financially and stategically.

Isnt Loserville, I mean Louisville still looking to get in somewhere? Rutgers LOL.

ND won't give up their NBC deal to join the Big 10. There was talk between the Big 10, Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri so odds are one of them. My guess is Missouri because Texas is not going to give up their TV network.

ND won't give up their NBC deal to join the Big 10. There was talk between the Big 10, Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri so odds are one of them. My guess is Missouri because Texas is not going to give up their TV network.

Can't see Missouri leaving the SEC.

ND will never join a conference unless they are forced to. They already have their own TV deal and special treatment by the NCAA and BCS. Joining a conference would be a bad move for them financially and stategically.

Isnt Loserville, I mean Louisville still looking to get in somewhere? Rutgers LOL.

Louisville will never get into the Big 10 for academic reasons.

Scholarship reduction from 25 to 15 for four years.
60 million dollar fine.
No bowl games for 4 years.
1998-2011 wins vacated.
PSU on probation for 5 years.
Individuals to be fined later after criminal process.
Has to enter academic agreement with the NCAA and have someone report quarterly to the NCAA to make sure changes are being made. They have to do this for 4 years.

Wrote this as i listened, so might of missed one or two things, but they were "minor"(NCAA academic agreement stuff).

They got hammered no doubt but it could have been worse. They'll be crippled for 4 years then may be able to get back on track. Not losing TV may be huge in their remaining in the Big 10.

Scholarship reduction from 25 to 15 for four years.
60 million dollar fine.
No bowl games for 4 years.
1998-2011 wins vacated.
PSU on probation for 5 years.
Individuals to be fined later after criminal process.
Has to enter academic agreement with the NCAA and have someone report quarterly to the NCAA to make sure changes are being made. They have to do this for 4 years.

Wrote this as i listened, so might of missed one or two things, but they were "minor"(NCAA academic agreement stuff).

Scholarship losses are even worse than that. They lose 10 this year, and then they lose 20 a year for 3 more years. So 70 scholarships over 4 years. Damn.

Scholarship losses are even worse than that. They lose 10 this year, and then they lose 20 a year for 3 more years. So 70 scholarships over 4 years. Damn.

Missed the details of that i suppose.

Wanted to point out that any Penn State player can transfer with no penalty.

And correct me if im wrong, but did Bobby Bowden just become the all time winningest coach? Would laugh hard if so.

Missed the details of that i suppose.

Wanted to point out that any Penn State player can transfer with no penalty.

And correct me if im wrong, but did Bobby Bowden just become the all time winningest coach? Would laugh hard if so.

Correct.

Gotta love all the posts on the PSU boards regarding Miami and OSU. Getting free drinks and free tattoos is worse than covering up the raping of children. Who knew.

What an absolute joke! Countless children had their lives ruined by unspeakable actions and PSU has to sit out 4yrs of being embarrassed in the Outback Bowl! Just curious what is the NCAA going to do with the money from the fine? Are they going to start a trust for the victims? More then likely they will be out private jet shopping and Nike will stroke a check to cover the fine!Look at the excuses to protect the Big Ten? What a bunch of ****!Oh and vacating wins is about the most worthless meaningless punishment there is!

Looks like the scholarship penalties are...

15 scholarships instead of 25 handed out each recruiting year for 4 years.

65 scholarship players instead of 85 allowed on the roster during the season for 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom