Penn State: Punitive Measures announced Monday | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Penn State: Punitive Measures announced Monday

Bro, they decimated the program. This isn't a few Schollies like Ohio State. They lose 10 initially and 20 total for 3 additional years. Nobody will want to attend that school in fact, one recruit has already decommitted. All players are eligible to transfer without penalty and schools can go over their limit to accommodate PSU transfers.

This is far worse then what the death penalty would have been.

IMO the only thing the ncaa got right was allowing the current players to transfer without sitting out. Having gone through the recruiting process I am well aware the biggest deciding factor is tour relationship with the coach and I am sure three majority want out. A for the scholarship issue since the beginning of time schools have found ways around that sanction, nothing leads me to believe this will be any different especially when three governing body has a long documented history of flip flopping and speaking out both sides of its mouth.

Beyond that why isn't the state and federal government going after the institution? The school most certainly benefited from state and federal funds, grants, exemptions, etc. For christ sake if Congress can waste millions going after Bonds and Clemons how about they sack up and taker this on?

Yea Ryan...not sure what you wanted. Between the scholarship loses and the bowl bans they wont sniff a good recruit for years. Honestly, the biggest thing for me is that they stripped JoePa of his record. Sounds to me like you just want to watch PSU burn just for the sake of it. Their punishment was severe and rightfully so.

Yea Ryan...not sure what you wanted. Between the scholarship loses and the bowl bans they wont sniff a good recruit for years. Honestly, the biggest thing for me is that they stripped JoePa of his record. Sounds to me like you just want to watch PSU burn just for the sake of it. Their punishment was severe and rightfully so.

Never before in the history of college sports has a institution engaged in a cover up of this magnitude from the President to the janitor. Turning a blind eye allowed over a dozen more children to be raped! The death penalty isn't for the sake of burn it was earned and deserved! There is a light at the end of the tunnel for the PSU program, mean while the victims will still have nightmares and never enjoy life the way most people get to all because some very selfish sick individuals decided a football program was more important then the innocence of children!

IMO the only thing the ncaa got right was allowing the current players to transfer without sitting out. Having gone through the recruiting process I am well aware the biggest deciding factor is tour relationship with the coach and I am sure three majority want out. A for the scholarship issue since the beginning of time schools have found ways around that sanction, nothing leads me to believe this will be any different especially when three governing body has a long documented history of flip flopping and speaking out both sides of its mouth.

Beyond that why isn't the state and federal government going after the institution? The school most certainly benefited from state and federal funds, grants, exemptions, etc. For christ sake if Congress can waste millions going after Bonds and Clemons how about they sack up and taker this on?
No other school has been hit this hard, SMU included. 65 scholarships is only two above FCS level. I understand the outrage but no matter how angry you are or what penalties are imposed, the victims will never recover and as history has shown, they most likely may become predators themselves.

Keep in mind this isn't over especially financially. The Big Ten stopped bowl revenues instead donating their share to child abuse programs and they have a huge settlement to settle with the families. They are screwed financially for years to come.

No other school has been hit this hard, SMU included. 65 scholarships is only two above FCS level. I understand the outrage but no matter how angry you are or what penalties are imposed, the victims will never recover and as history has shown, they most likely may become predators themselves.

Keep in mind this isn't over especially financially. The Big Ten stopped bowl revenues instead donating their share to child abuse programs and they have a huge settlement to settle with the families. They are screwed financially for years to come.

The victims settlements should be such a burden it closes the doors of PSU! Like I said from the president on down it is well earned. Oddly though if this happened at say Boise State something tells me the punishment would be the death penalty.

Take a step back and look at the message it sends! Do you think one victim watched that get released and feels like justice was served? Seriously some worthless wins vacated and a 4yr bowl ban? Wow PSU can't make its annual trip to the Citrus Bowl for a embarrassment. Do you really want to argue saving a institutions right to play a game versus child rape?

Penn State got more than enough. This is very difficult to recover from. It's almost not fair because the people who really have to suffer from this are future recruits and coaches who had nothing to do with what happened in the past. Plus, there's only so much the NCAA can do in this regard. If you really want justice, then criminal investigators need to brig some higher ups into court and let them have their day and the BoT needs to be blown up.

The victims settlements should be such a burden it closes the doors of PSU! Like I said from the president on down it is well earned. Oddly though if this happened at say Boise State something tells me the punishment would be the death penalty.

Penn State got more than enough. This is very difficult to recover from. It's almost not fair because the people who really have to suffer from this are future recruits and coaches who had nothing to do with what happened in the past. Plus, there's only so much the NCAA can do in this regard. If you really want justice, then criminal investigators need to brig some higher ups into court and let them have their day and the BoT needs to be blown up.

Sorry Jcane given the seriousness of the crime I have a hard time looking out for the future of a GAME! There was a time when college was a centered around higher learning and not sport. I do agree everyone involved in the cover up should go to prison! As damning as the Freeh Report was it still trips my bull**** detector. I think the board knew and like I said before if Congress wants to investigate Bonds and Clemoms then they are bound to go after this and expose all involved! I have no pity for a sport and its second chance! Every player on the current roster has the opportunity to transfer without penalty and any prospect simply chooses another school recruiting him if he wad on PSU radar he is on OSU,, Michigan etc radar.

No punishment could ever this crime. That said, I do believe this is far worse then what SMU received. I have read from several different analysts that PSU may not survive the monetary aspect of this which I hope they can but won't be heartbroken if they don't.

No punishment could ever this crime. That said, I do believe this is far worse then what SMU received. I have read from several different analysts that PSU may not survive the monetary aspect of this which I hope they can but won't be heartbroken if they don't.

If it were a isolated incident it would be one thing, but 13 yrs is beyond comprehension! To protect a game?

If it were a isolated incident it would be one thing, but 13 yrs is beyond comprehension! To protect a game?

I agree that what happened was beyond ****ed up. All the players involved are either rotting or in jail though. The NCAA had crippled PSU to basically the level of a FCS team for the next 6 or 7 years. What more do you want? IMO the sanctions were excessive for the face that the people they really hurt had nothing to do with the scandal. Obviously they should have received some punishment as an institution, but what the NCAA handed down plus what they are going to be sued for is devastating.

Tyler in todays court system getting a judgment and a payout are completely different animals. PSU has the fire power to tie up any judgment in appellate court for years.

What they got is worse than the death penalty. A 4 year bowl ban ensures that not a single recruit worth a damn will bat an eye at Penn State for about 3 years at least. If it were Miami Id far rather they shut the program down for a year than for that to happen.

Given the seriousness of the crimes and the level the cover up reached I think the NCAA was morally bound to send one message. "If as a institution you commit a heinous crime our conspire to cover up said crime you no longer have the PRIVILEGE to play the sport you lied to protect"

Tyler in todays court system getting a judgment and a payout are completely different animals. PSU has the fire power to tie up any judgment in appellate court for years.
They sacrificed the appeal by signing in agreement of the sanctions.

Back
Top Bottom