Pennington to be inducted into Marshall HOF | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pennington to be inducted into Marshall HOF

blevins29

Rookie
Reaction score
Saw in the Huntington newspaper where Chad Pennington will be inducted into the Marshall University Athletic HOF on April 23 along with 3 other former Herd and NFL players: Moss, Leftwich, and Wade. That should be a hot ticket for the induction of 4 really good football players.
http://www.wsaz.com/sports/headlines/83831937.html

I think all 4 were made HOF members in previous years but can't officially join the HOF until they are inducted. Since the normal HOF induction is in the fall these 4 (due to NFL schedules) were given a special spring induction. It should be an important day for Chad as he played with the other 3 inductees at least 1 year each and was on the team with them 2 years each (Chad redshirted his Sophomore year 1996 when Wade was a junior and Moss was a freshman) Chad was a 4 year starter (1995,1997,1998,1999) at Marshall including most of his true freshman year. Although he only caught passes from Pennington his sophomore year of 1997 - Moss once was asked by a reporter at the end of his Viking career "Who is the best QB you've played with?" (assuming he would name Viking QBs Culpepper, Johnson, George, or Cunningham). Without hesitation Moss named Pennington. I don't think his current QB Culpepper expected that answer. But as Dolphin fans it shows that Moss is smarter than we may give him credit to be.

I am a huge Pennington Fan. While I think Henne should have the reigns to our offense, I would love to see Pennington part of this organization for years to come. His attitude, professionalism and work ethic is second to none.
Chubbs

Good for Chad P!!! He's a class act. Many people don't remember that Marshall lost it's entire football team in a plane crash in 1970.

Back
Top Bottom