Pennington to Miss Season Opener, Could Miss Miami Game Too | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pennington to Miss Season Opener, Could Miss Miami Game Too

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
From Pro Football Talk Rumor Mill....

Jets QB Chad Pennington will miss at least the regular-season opener (and likely more) due to a fractured and dislocated left wrist.

The Jets also lost QB Brooks Bollinger with a sprained knee, which likely will prompt the Jets to sign at least one veteran quarterback.

So there's a fairly good chance that the Dolphins will be facing Vinny Testeverde in Week 2.

Definitely increases our chances of winning the game, which is good because the 2nd Jets game is at home where we were near perfect last year (excepting of course a Lucas hiccup)

Tough break for Chad though, I really like him as a QB and he's a good guy. He's a good ole country boy that doesn't need to be in NYC I tell you that. Jay Fiedler's a New York kinda guy, you think we could switch?

He is gunna be out alot longer than just 2 games! The post was reporting the rest of the season!

Whoa no way...he can't be out for the season. No way dude! He's my fantasy QB!

Heh. Nah I don't think he'll be out for the year. Sounds like a week-to-week thing where he'll be back by game 4 or something.

NYTimes says this...

The injury is to Pennington's nonthrowing hand, and the Jets did not initially announce how long he would be out, but he will definitely miss the season opener in 12 days against Washington and perhaps much longer. Standard guidelines call for an injury like this to take six to eight weeks to heal, but that is for a nonathlete. Because the injury is not to Pennington's throwing hand, it seems unlikely that it would end his season.

To me it sounds like there's an outside shot the Jets could rush him back into action just in time to beat the Dolphins

Originally posted by ckparrothead
NYTimes says this...

To me it sounds like there's an outside shot the Jets could rush him back into action just in time to beat the Dolphins

Thems fightin words CK, beat the dolphins:D

Originally posted by ckparrothead
NYTimes says this...

You talk like he will beat us if he's in.

Trust me, he won't be back that quick. But then again, there's no way he misses more than 5 games. It's his non-throwing arm. But still.. I'm sure it's highly doubtful he makes it back in time for week 2!

If they want to rush them back..let em.

I'm fine with him fumbling a few snaps inside the 20 ;0.

Yeah I was thinking in my head, that Ray Lucas is out there looking for a job and he knows Herm, wouldn't be surprised at all If they sign him. Then If we took Vinny out in week 2....us Vs a Ray Lucas who doesn't know the system.....AHHHH YEAHH!

Originally posted by zevo
He is gunna be out alot longer than just 2 games!

Yeah. Take a look at this picture:

t1_pennington2_ap-1.jpg

Yup. That's the fingers of his left hand you can barely see in the grass. "Typical" recovery may be 6-8 weeks, but in Herm Edwards' words, that is a "gruesome" injury.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

You talk like he will beat us if he's in.

I agree, CK is a closet Jets fan.

j/k, but I still say we'll beat the Jets

Willis McGahee's knee was a "gruesome" injury. Supposed to take at least a year to recover. Here we are, about 8 months away from the injury and he's already practicing with the Bills. He'll be put on IR for political reasons, not health.

I'm telling you, since its his NON-throwing hand, his recovery will be way quicker than the normal 6-8 weeks. I doubt he'll be in against Miami...and I'm not saying Miami automatically loses to the Jets but lets face it...its in NY. We were a horrible road team last year and the Jets with Pennington are still a quality team. This team will have to prove to me that our road woes are over, before I think any differently.

Back
Top Bottom