"People Fail When They Don't Adapt Their Scheme to Their Players" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"People Fail When They Don't Adapt Their Scheme to Their Players"

LithoMan said:
You can assert, insert, de-insert anything you like. But, until you listen, your just another cog in the spew wheel. I never said the draft was horrible (talent wise), I said the draft was horrible because we picked all replacement players. We added nothing but talent at talent position already!

And, that is fine, you can believe Ronnie will be some stellar player, he will be a 1000 yard back. Is that stellar? Some would say good, but I dont think anyone would say a 1000 yard back is stellar.

Ignorance is bliss..

LithoMan said:
Amazing! :eek:

What the heck is your problem man??

You've said repeatedly that our draft was terrible. I said that you said it was terrible. And now you wanna act like I misquoted you.

So unless you're now saying that we had a good draft, you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.

LithoMan said:
You can assert, insert, de-insert anything you like. But, until you listen, your just another cog in the spew wheel. I never said the draft was horrible (talent wise), I said the draft was horrible because we picked all replacement players. We added nothing but talent at talent position already!

And, that is fine, you can believe Ronnie will be some stellar player, he will be a 1000 yard back. Is that stellar? Some would say good, but I dont think anyone would say a 1000 yard back is stellar.

So you think our DB's are talented?, you think we had a power rb? You don't think we needed another DT, you don't think we needed to draft another LB with Seau just about ready to go. You think our LT is talented? Roth is probably the only person I agree with, but you can never be too deep in talent..kevn and Holiday only have a few years.

cmax13 said:
i think that is why don shula is one of the best coaches, because he did just that, adapted the game to the players he had on the roster.

in the 70's it was run, run, run, pass once in a while, with csonka, kiick, and morris, but when he got marino in the 80's it was pass, pass, pass, run once in a while to keep everyone honest.

the best coaches do this, the worst don't, and usually fail miserably.

Tis very true. That was Shula's genius. He molded his systems to the strengths of the players. He used the running game to perfection and designed an offense to let the greatest passer thrive. His Killer B's were great in their day. That was Shula's legacy.

MDFINFAN said:
So you think our DB's are talented?, you think we had a power rb? You don't think we needed another DT, you don't think we needed to draft another LB with Seau just about ready to go. You think our LT is talented? Roth is probably the only person I agree with, but you can never be too deep in talent..kevn and Holiday only have a few years.
Couldn't have said it better myself (well I actually wouldn't have agreed that Roth wasn't a need pick)

Back
Top Bottom