people posting other peoples ip addresses | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

people posting other peoples ip addresses

catfish

rookie
Reaction score
I don't know why someone would do something as irresponsible as posting another member's ip address on the phinzone. This is very invasive, and it makes me vunerable to hackers!

catfish said:
I don't know why someone would do something as irresponsible as posting another member's ip address on the phinzone. This is very invasive, and it makes me vunerable to hackers!
And you're complaining about it on FINHEAVEN why?

catfish said:

Don't worry bro. It's not anything bad. Nobody else is seeing your IP but you. Your IP address (and a whole lot more) is sent out with every "packet" of information that leaves your computer. It's actually a good thing. Because without that information, FinHeaven (and every other website out there) would not know where to send data back to.

So in short, it's nothing to worry about. Just a benign little piece of computer code that makes the "non-computer guru" raise his eyebrows. So exuse the guys here for having a little fun at your expense. :) You can see the same thing by clicking here for example. And don't worry.....you're not the first person who's contacted us about this. Not by a longshot.

Finally, you called us "phinzone". But we still luv ya. Your pennace is 50 "Our Moderator's" and 10 "Hail Marino's". ;)

Didn't phinzone used to be that online Dolphins magazine? That's what I typed in when I first found this site.

Back
Top Bottom