Per Armando: Fins make contract offer to keep James | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Armando: Fins make contract offer to keep James

Miami can't afford to keep him with the fifth year option so they would have to cut him he rejects the contract.

7 Million or less, if they didn't want to overpay Landry than lets not overpay James.

7 million AAV is fair, but James has leverage here not to do anything as well.

In situations like him and Landry, most teams would in theory have the cap to hold them both on the tag and knock out a longterm deal come June. Now its like holding him at 9.3 million is a death sentence to our cap and we have to cut bait if we don’t lower that cap number by Wednesday.

Awful stuff

Excellent news. Can’t wait for the next hamstring, groin, or toe injury that costs him 8 games.

$6-7M per 8 games sounds reasonable.

Clearly, this is Suh’s fault. Can we cut him twice?

the offset for the $9 mil 1 year 5th year option would have to be a tbaum special

wait for it...

a little longer...

GUARANTEED MONEY

I am good either way on this as long as we don't overpay. He is good (not great) when healthy and has been our best lineman, which is actually sad to say.

Get it done, no need to make a hole as Gonzo will tell us. Hoping for a number in the 6-7 range

I hope they didn't make him a stupid lowball offer. Make him a decent offer you can start negotiations from and get it done. Why do we make this so difficult?

Bigger question, why have we waited until Monday of FA (if that is what we did)?

"full and final. you have 12 hours to respond"

I could see 5 and 40 here and you know to sweeten the pot miamis going high guaranteed...so maybe $28 mil guaranteed

And after reports have come out another team like the Broncos are interested.
I think our front office is good either way too....if they could get something worth while for him they would, if not resign him. He is a meh player.

I'm like ehhhhhhhhHH on this. The kid has the intensity of a mushroom. Misses too much time. He ain't OL tuff!

We can do better. For a lot less. IMO.

My new My Yammie Mantra:

If you're gonna clean house -- make sure you take out the trash!

Armando is an intelligent guy, but right now he's reading like Andy Cohen, a team apologist. He's getting Tannenbaum's story out as a trade-off for getting access.

Back
Top Bottom