Per Armando: Fins make contract offer to keep James | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Armando: Fins make contract offer to keep James

It seems to me like this front office has not ever had a clear plan to build the team. They are just winging it year after year.

Not true. We've been 100% dedicated to best in breed for (like) a lot of years. Maybe. Anyway -- see: Dysfunctional Management for Idiots.

So they offer him a contract right when the tampering period begins, so now teams with ample money have the chance to outbid us legally? What have they been doing since the season ended? There has been nothing but time to make these kinds of decisions.

good player, would like to.keep him at a reasonable price

James is under the 5th year option so basically under contract so no team can even approach him or talk to him until the dolphins pull the option

So they offer him a contract right when the tampering period begins, so now teams with ample money have the chance to outbid us legally? What have they been doing since the season ended? There has been nothing but time to make these kinds of decisions.
he is on 5th year option, no other teams can talk to him unless we pull the option

James is under the 5th year option so basically under contract so no team can even approach him or talk to him until the dolphins pull the option

I mean he isn’t oblivious to the reports out there suggesting he could be the top RT on the market or that the Broncos could be interested in his services if he hits the market.

And the Dolphins have 2 days to essentially pull the option or it becomes fully guaranteed.

So while he may be under contract, I doubt Miami wants that 9.3 million dollar weight on their cap come Wednesday.

This is essentially a free agency pitch.

I believe this nothing more than a PR move to appease the fans much like Laundry with little expectations of keeping any of these guys. Gase says we want Laundry and then is traded for Pocket change.

I believe this nothing more than a PR move to appease the fans much like Laundry with little expectations of keeping any of these guys. Gase says we want Laundry and then is traded for Pocket change.

What fans? Far more are absolutely okay with losing James than there were with Landry.

At the right price this is a good move, Tunsil will improve, James is a good (not great player) that will lock up the right side, Let Davis, Asiata and Larsen battle for the right guard spot, and go after a LG in the draft, from what I am hearing this is a VERY deep draft for quality starting guards, in FA/Draft look for Pouncey's replacement.

I really, really believe there is a power struggle going on right now within the organization.

First we don't even approach the guy with an offer. Then we are shopping him for trade. Now we are scurrying around trying to get him extended before FA starts.

If one person is making all of these choices then it is scattershot and very difficult to believe.

If it is two people making choices, it not only makes more sense... but seems to indicate infighting.

I wouldn't be surprised if TB is forced out after the draft.

Something just tells me this offseason's story lines are not indicative of a unified organization. Something just seems off. It's too weird, even for us.

Our best first round pick in recent years lmao

Back
Top Bottom